Author Topic: Doctor Who - Whomobile Mod  (Read 14379 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Doctor Who - Whomobile Mod
« on: October 28, 2015, 09:54:53 PM »
a little update:

I got 1 set of the painted whomobiles from Modfather in which I am happy with them. So for those wanting to get Modfather (Pinsider) to paint up the details with a particular colour scheme (for $35 USD).

For those interested:
- contact modfather to see if he can paint a set for you (I can give you a email address if you are serious)
- head to shapeways and buy 2 vehicles and 2 brackets (prices vary depending on vehicle and materials) and have shipped directly to Modfather for $5 USD (Shapeways cost)
- Modfather paints both whomobiles for $35 USD
- Modfather posts to you for approx $15 USD
Note 1: be specific on your colour scheme as there are a few versions and Modfather likes to add his creative flare though I would recommend paint as close as possible to the renders)
Note 2: I have issued Modfather with a heap of screws and allen keys to supply with the brackets and he will tap the holes ready for the screws.

That aside I just wanted to share 2 photos to share my intention with the head lights as a DIY option.

- underneath shot shows a 5mm led resting in the provided pocket which will be hot glued in soon (excuse the screwdriver holding the wires down). With 2 leds it will add a glow to the underside to the ramp as well as project through the holes.

- topside photo just shows the light coming through the 2 provided holes - which will be on both sides.

I will be working on a manual soon once I get over to a mates place to temporarily install as this set is for Dendoc. The manual will detail how to wire up lights as well.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts