Author Topic: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015  (Read 28525 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2014, 07:53:57 PM »
Yeh... looks disappointing. Shame really.. Stern finally make a machine that I reckon could be the goods and it looks oh so slow!
I thought the pops were open when I first saw the game, but that ball really struggles to get free and flow to the game... its still a controlled release by the looks of that video..

((( ((( (((

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2014, 07:59:53 PM »
The zombie/blob looking thing should have been a popup(s?) hidden beneath the playfield. It just blocks the flow of the ball.

Stern do themselves no favours by allowing such an incomplete game codewise to hit the streets.

This is the "final" product that the general public will be playing at Newy in 3 days time?  @@^ The video is from Luke's youtube channel so it must be.

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2014, 08:19:06 PM »
The zombie/blob looking thing should have been a popup(s?) hidden beneath the playfield. It just blocks the flow of the ball.

Stern do themselves no favours by allowing such an incomplete game codewise to hit the streets.

This is the "final" product that the general public will be playing at Newy in 3 days time?  @@^ The video is from Luke's youtube channel so it must be.

Even Luke said its just "ok"

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2014, 08:27:45 PM »

Even Luke said its just "ok"

I agree.. same as CV Ringmaster. Stern seem to get bogged down with a recipe they have... its another Hulk  figure done as a zombie.. enclosed pops etc.
Maybe we need to see a video that shows someone being able to shoot the ramps/ loops?

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »
Personally I'm really disappointed with the prison I expected more maybe the LE does that? In time we will find out.  It does seem slow and yes that fat bash toy seems pointless. Man all this negativity from a stern fan boy lol

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2014, 08:47:45 PM »
Personally I'm really disappointed with the prison I expected more maybe the LE does that? In time we will find out.  It does seem slow and yes that fat bash toy seems pointless. Man all this negativity from a stern fan boy lol

I don't see it as negativity.. I see it as an appraisal given what we've seen so far

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2014, 10:15:54 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2014, 10:28:12 PM »
That vid looks a bit better... how often/ hard  do you have to bash that monkey to get it to spill its guts?

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2014, 10:34:36 PM »
Much much better video, love the ramps and really looking forward to seeing how the roll overs come into play!
onya for posting Dude  ^^^
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2014, 10:54:07 PM »
That vid looks a bit better... how often/ hard  do you have to bash that monkey to get it to spill its guts?

Bash the monkey lol I first read it as "spank the monkey" haha  I think it only spills its guts on the LE.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2014, 11:38:11 PM »
The bash toy on X Men is a cool feature and a really fun shot to make when lit. You don't get much time which is why its fun cause it can be a challenge to get that exact shot when u need to make it happen quickly. John Borg has designed X Men ofcourse and I reckon the shot/bash toy on The Walking Dead will be great fun cause bashing a ugly fat zombie bastard seems good sport to me.
I think any negative thoughts about the game will probably dissapear once  you get to play the machine and feel the whole package. X Men is a excellent machine with its cool shots and bash toy. I reckon our new zombie pinball will turn out to be a fun n enjoyable title as well. I am really looking forward to this title. On looks alone its KILLER.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2014, 11:48:06 PM »
Just watched the video again.... Seems nice n fast to me.
I am a huge Stern fan and this title ticks all the boxes just on looks n theme to me so I will just spend the $$ and buy without playing. Not everyone's way of doing things but I really enjoy the brand new sterns so I will take the punt. I actually like John Borgs designs even more than Steve Ritchies, which are great as well, so being a Borgy title, sells me cause I have a lot of Johns titles. Buying BNIB is like opening a magic box for the first ever game. Something people get addicted to with new Sterns. Anyway, early days. Time will tell how popular this title will be. I am hearing a lot of people have placed orders in both Aust and USA. Soon see what the feedback is from people who buy the zombie killer silver ball etc....

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2014, 01:49:23 AM »
I am a huge fan of the comics and the show and I am a huge fan of zombies, in particular Romero's work.
I should be very excited and I know it is early days but I am not feeling this at all.
This game looks more like a generic zombie theme than a true reflection of TWD.
Gameplay looks slow and ordinary except for the returns on the ramps. Agree with the ball getting hung up in the pops way too much.... (((  I could mow the bloody lawn waiting for the ball.
Is there a full orbit shot on this game? It looks like they both feed the pops.
First Borg game in quite a while with out a scoop, not that it matters to me.... just found it interesting.
The dots are tacky and look nothing like the comics.
Still waiting to hear a decent audio track.

Geez I hope they don't stuff Jaws up next year, but odds are I will probably need a bigger boat for an even bigger anchor.

Pass.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 02:10:57 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2014, 03:20:42 AM »
You do make a good point about the ball time with the pop bumpers.
An example of long pop bumper time is ACDC by Steve Ritchie.
It does have good scoring opportunities if u like to play a game that way.
Some days I really like long pop times and other days I don't. One thing I will say is that the noise and excitement/crazy fastness of Sterns Super Pops are that they can add a degree of excitement to a game, espescially the loud noise for players or people watching a game.
I have always felt that Stern has always built the fastest and loudest pops out of all game builders. When Stern was Sega, they used to call them SUPER POPS because they were just crazily powerful n loud. If u have played a Sega with the curved back box you will know what I mean. Starship Troopers is a example, excellent pops.
Wouldn't mind hearing what members feel about pop bumpers on any DMD pinny and what's liked or disliked on the new games. Will new/more programming and fine tuning on the zombie pinny make gameplay extra faster etc ?
Good thread.
Who likes the red PRO cabinet art. Thought blood red was a good match.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2014, 03:36:40 AM »
Just noticed on video, alot of , or perhaps every ? Led on the playfield is bright white. Hard to tell from the angle, but not many of the inserts on the playfield are red or blue or green ? Maybe a mod could be to personalise the PRO by adding some different colour LEDS to the playfield. I know the LE model has tri-coloured LEDs ( green red blue) but the Pro seems to have a lot of bright white. To early to tell if it looks fine or not when lights are both off or on when playing a game..... ? Maybe bright white looks better with the playfield having ALOT of brown colours? Maybe coloured LEDs in inserts might look funny against brown.... First thing I will have to check out more closely ...