Author Topic: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015  (Read 28527 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2014, 07:04:04 PM »
http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/9/6123717/the-walking-dead-is-getting-a-real-pinball-machine-it-uses-a-crossbow

no actor voice work will be used on the game

along with 6 games by Stern in the next 15 months, not sure if that is new releases, remakes etc
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2014, 07:44:03 PM »
Not quite Mettalica but a very nice result for Stern in the artwork stakes. Thank heavens their Photoshop license expired before this one! :)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2014, 07:52:58 PM »
Not quite Mettalica but a very nice result for Stern in the artwork stakes. Thank heavens their Photoshop license expired before this one! :)

Ha ha!! Yes - you have to rent it by the year now. Even Stern must consider this a rip off!

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re:
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2014, 09:19:20 PM »
 $.$
I hope they go with hand drawn art.

Doubt it very much... Metallica was hand drawn because the band insisted that DD did the artwork... id be willing to place money on cut and paste graphics with heads of the TV characters centre stage between the flippers

Humble pie Mr Retro?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:22:03 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2014, 09:24:18 PM »
Yep this is the candidate for photoshop galore. Too much time and money getting likeness agreements from actors and the studio. Not impossible, but not in Stern's style.

I love the TV series. But I can't stand looking at photoshop actors on games. Maybe we'll see something creative this time, would be nice if a TV theme was coupled with decent artwork.

So creative enough for you?

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2014, 09:24:51 PM »
$.$

Doubt it very much... Metallica was hand drawn because the band insisted that DD did the artwork... id be willing to place money on cut and paste graphics with heads of the TV characters centre stage between the flippers

Humble pie Mr Retro?

Don't be stupid... even the most hardened Stern fans are glad is the comic book version.

Mind you.. didn't hear you willing to put money against me..LOL

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2014, 09:44:36 PM »
$.$

Humble pie Mr Retro?

Don't be stupid... even the most hardened Stern fans are glad is the comic book version.

Mind you.. didn't hear you willing to put money against me..LOL

Ha ha and no I don't gamble :-)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2014, 10:44:32 PM »
Yep this is the candidate for photoshop galore. Too much time and money getting likeness agreements from actors and the studio. Not impossible, but not in Stern's style.

I love the TV series. But I can't stand looking at photoshop actors on games. Maybe we'll see something creative this time, would be nice if a TV theme was coupled with decent artwork.

So creative enough for you?

Why yes it is!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2014, 10:33:54 AM »
I really like the star rollovers and how they come into play, read the instructtion card. To shoot at the opening on the right to the shooter lane is ingenious.
Can't beat a good skill shot and this is a unique, cool one. This alone has me interested.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2014, 08:58:27 PM »
Yeah i think it is only the two models which sucks I really don't need another limited edition workbench but like the extra bits.    Anyone know who the Vic distributor is these days?

Yes, Zax on Ingles St Port Melbourne are the Victorian distributor.

My guess is that once the LEs sell out, Stern will then announce the Premiums. Kind of makes sense to cover situations like Avengers where you can still get a NIB LE today.  Holding off on the premiums will push some people to getting the LE.  But you would kick yourself if you bought an LE even though you would have taken a premium, only to find that premiums are announced after the LEs sell out.  But without knowing what Stern's plans are, it is a risk to assume that premiums will be made and potentially have all the LE sold out on you.
 @.@
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:00:41 PM by Brunswick Brawler »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2014, 10:44:18 AM »
I know a buyer in Melbourne that has bought an LE  ^^^ I'm happy to be able to see the game in person, and play the machine. This is a very rare occurrence !

Hopefully, AMD / Stern will realize that their Marketing is horrendous (in Australia), and they should be promoting the hell out of this title. This title should be a Comicon and all the other nerdy conventions. This game will certainly test the pockets of those waiting for the MMr and Hobbit. I like the way Stern have gone from poor artwork (photoshop), to excellent illustrated artwork that is far superior to Hobbit and arguably, MMr.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2014, 11:20:47 AM »
This titles getting snapped up fast and there looks to be a few LE's coming to Melbourne. There must be premiums on the drawing board :-)

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2014, 11:22:43 AM »
This titles getting snapped up fast and there looks to be a few LE's coming to Melbourne. There must be premiums on the drawing board :-)

Im not surprised. Credit where credit is due. From what ive seen so far, Stern have hit a bullseye here

Offline RatBag

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2014, 11:44:41 AM »
I know a buyer in Melbourne that has bought an LE  ^^^ I'm happy to be able to see the game in person, and play the machine. This is a very rare occurrence !
The bonus for your buyer in Melbourne is they remodeled some of the toys from his likeness ,makes him famous <.>
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:47:47 AM by RatBag »