Author Topic: Mitch's next project.. Zaccaria Universe  (Read 8705 times)

Offline faza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Re: Mitch's next project.. Zaccaria Universe
« Reply #240 on: May 15, 2010, 09:29:52 PM »
You are one dedicated and talented man well done

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #241 on: May 16, 2010, 08:48:32 AM »
Looks fantastic Mitch  ^^^
Really enjoyed following all your updates with this project.

Cheers
Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #242 on: May 16, 2010, 10:17:01 PM »
thanks for the kind words guys  ^^^

Universe now lives in my loungeroom of my unit, along with Klondike, and Vortex  :D :D
Mibs lives in the opposite corner of the room.. the pins are taking over...  :lol

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #243 on: May 16, 2010, 10:45:50 PM »
Again well done Mitch it looks fantastic.  Great to see it next to the great Vortex im going to have to make a trip and visit just to see your handy work  ^^^

Offline Bennyfactor

• Forum Posts:
  • Butler, Perth
  • Soon, soon...
« Reply #244 on: May 17, 2010, 01:49:35 AM »
Wow, I just went through 17 pages of this thread and I simply had to keep reading to find out how it ended up
I'm so impressed, you are one talented dude
I know I would never have the patience and attention to detail to do something like this
My hat's off to you   #*#

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #245 on: May 17, 2010, 10:05:28 AM »

Simply outstanding effort, Mitch. I look forward to your next restore.

#*# #*#
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline FirePower

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #246 on: May 17, 2010, 01:50:09 PM »
Truly amazing results, such a turn around and a great looking machine. Thanks for taking the time to photograph and describe it for us, I really like the breakdown on all the steps and techniques you've used for all of the issues and think lots of us have learned and will be trying little bits out, so that's a great help.   @@*

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #247 on: May 17, 2010, 02:53:42 PM »
Thanks for the positive and kind words guys  ^^^ It was a long haul getting this game to this stage, and at times, in all honesty it was hard to find motivation to work on it, due to the various hassles i was having with some of the mechanical issues.. there are STILL a couple of minor issues to deal with, (mainly an occasionally sticking drop target) but they will be rectified all in good time. Anyway its basically all working pretty well so far, with no real problems.. it got a pretty good work out last night  *%* *%* So its definitely been worth all the effort!

Great to see it next to the great Vortex im going to have to make a trip and visit just to see your handy work  ^^^

No worries Daniel, anytime you're passing thru my way definitely call in  ^^^ same applies to all AP members.

Quickdraw will be the next cab off the rank, Some parts arrived today that Cam (big dog) got me from PBR in one of his orders, (new plastics, lane guides and bumper caps).. thanks buddy  ^^^ ^^^ im starting on your Travel Time soon  *%* *%*

so i have to get a few other jobs done first, Cam's Travel Time and the wildfyre PF im currently doing (which is giving me some grief at the moment )  ^&^ then i'll get started on Quickdraw #*#

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #248 on: May 17, 2010, 07:50:25 PM »
Have to say that what you have done here is one hell of a restore... for many, this machine would have been parted out, but it looks like you keep your "too hard basket" far from arms reach and that in itself deserves great applause   @@* @@*

I take my hat off to this restore.... unbelievable... well done mate ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #249 on: May 18, 2010, 08:27:57 PM »
hey Mitch the zac looks great lined up there with the other pins,got ya drawings on back door of zac (no worries).Will have to come over for a game soon and bring backglass and door up.How many frosts have you had so far ? once again Congrats on finishing universe,top job again mate @@* @@*

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #250 on: May 18, 2010, 08:42:21 PM »
hey Mitch the zac looks great lined up there with the other pins,got ya drawings on back door of zac (no worries).Will have to come over for a game soon and bring backglass and door up.How many frosts have you had so far ? once again Congrats on finishing universe,top job again mate @@* @@*

Thanx Cam that'd be great. Come up anytime u want (to get thrashed on Vortex)..  :lol Had a few frosts here already, the grass in my backyard is already dead  :lol

Offline greenechidna

• Forum Posts:
  • straight down the guts
« Reply #251 on: October 07, 2014, 01:51:52 AM »
Just look at this restoration.

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it documents a truly heroic effort on Mitchs' part to overcome a bunch of hurdles that would have had us mere mortals give up. Maybe this rare machine would have ended up scrapped, put in the too hard basket or sitting around being a sad eyesore.  Instead it can be held up as an inspiration and a lesson.
Secondly, as it's new owner i want to tell you just how fine a restoration this is...believe it or not, the words and pics can't do justice to the finished product.

If you've read this thread before, do yourself a favor and read it again. If you haven't seen this before make the effort. See Mitch recreate whole components (stepper unit rooted?...hey, make one from scratch!), chase down switch gremlins and generally unf*ck a whole lot of questionable Italian engineering ravaged by time and abuse. Be inspired by an epic backglass restore that is full of lessons for anyone doing even basic fixes. Follow Mitchs' steps to get a perfect cabinet finish. 

In the flesh this machine is an absolute stunner. So shiny, so tidy. The closer you look the more impressed you are. Attention to detail, getting it right rather than "good enough". Effort, effort, effort. It looks and feels weeks old rather than decades.

This is the third machine I have bought off Mitch and I only wish he had more to sell. All his restorations have a similar "feel"; smoothness, reliability, and a warmth that comes from enormous amounts of care and passion for what he does.

Take a bow mate you're a legend in the true sense.

Offline ralph67

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
    • ralph1967@optusnet.com.au
« Reply #252 on: November 07, 2014, 12:09:32 AM »
Great work on the machine . I've only just read this thread. The work on the "stepper units" alone shows the commitment you have. Nice feeling when it all works as it should.  Really good read cheers
One-Ball!

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #253 on: December 06, 2014, 08:59:26 AM »
Just look at this restoration.

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it documents a truly heroic effort on Mitchs' part to overcome a bunch of hurdles that would have had us mere mortals give up. Maybe this rare machine would have ended up scrapped, put in the too hard basket or sitting around being a sad eyesore.  Instead it can be held up as an inspiration and a lesson.
Secondly, as it's new owner i want to tell you just how fine a restoration this is...believe it or not, the words and pics can't do justice to the finished product.

If you've read this thread before, do yourself a favor and read it again. If you haven't seen this before make the effort. See Mitch recreate whole components (stepper unit rooted?...hey, make one from scratch!), chase down switch gremlins and generally unf*ck a whole lot of questionable Italian engineering ravaged by time and abuse. Be inspired by an epic backglass restore that is full of lessons for anyone doing even basic fixes. Follow Mitchs' steps to get a perfect cabinet finish.  

In the flesh this machine is an absolute stunner. So shiny, so tidy. The closer you look the more impressed you are. Attention to detail, getting it right rather than "good enough". Effort, effort, effort. It looks and feels weeks old rather than decades.

This is the third machine I have bought off Mitch and I only wish he had more to sell. All his restorations have a similar "feel"; smoothness, reliability, and a warmth that comes from enormous amounts of care and passion for what he does.

Take a bow mate you're a legend in the true sense.

I know its a bit of a late response, but cheers Andy thats some pretty good advertising for me  :D

And yes the machine came close to being scrapped a few times during the resto.. it REALLY tested my patience at times! (it came very close to being smashed to pieces at least once!!) but it all worked out well in the end.
Glad to know it has gone to a good home  *%* *%*