Author Topic: KBS Diamond Clear Coat Preparation & Application  (Read 9804 times)

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Yeah I am more confident to use it again now, it's actually quite easy to work with. I may bite the bullet and buy a compressor too and have a crack at spraying it if I do another.

I must admit I am reluctant to post some of my work as compared to the standards and quality of workmanship from some of the guys here it's a bit embarassing.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Yeah I am more confident to use it again now, it's actually quite easy to work with. I may bite the bullet and buy a compressor too and have a crack at spraying it if I do another.

I must admit I am reluctant to post some of my work as compared to the standards and quality of workmanship from some of the guys here it's a bit embarassing.
at least you have a go and there's nothing embarrassing about that.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide

Be careful with spraying I believe the safety equipment required is the same as 2 pac.
It drys with moisture so it can't be good to breathe in the mist.

Very nice work on Buck
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 09:20:24 PM by Boots »

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Post away Dude, your stuff looks way better than my attempts, who cares any way , it IS a hobby.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Slash

• Forum Posts:

Be careful with spraying I believe the safety equipment required is the same as 2 pac.
It drys with moisture so it can't be good to breathe in the mist.

Very nice work on Buck

Yeah that's what swayed me from spraying this first time. I had read that it was even nastier when atomised so decided to go with the brush/roller.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Yeah the danger of the 2-pak put me off too - if something needs an air-fed mask & body-suit it's probably best left to pros. I like the fact that kbs diamond clear & other products offer an alternative for those who want to improve their games diy.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

We all started somewhere..

Small steps, but keep plugging away as it appears you have progressed VERY well. The idea is that you are learning and enjoying the process. That's the real result  @@*
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Nice job you've done there.. looks great  ^^^ ^^^

Offline Brettski

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
  • Since I Was A Young Boy I Played The Silver Ball!
    • Strikes and Spares Restoration
Very interested in this KBS Clear Coat.. Can someone tell me where to get it here in Australia?

Much appreciated: Brettski... :)

Offline Brettski

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
Ok I found a supplier on the Gold coast..

I have already used a polyurethane to spot seal artwork and also to fill sunken inserts, will this KBS be ok to use over the top of the poly??

Cheers: Brettski... :)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:

I have already used a polyurethane to spot seal artwork and also to fill sunken inserts, will this KBS be ok to use over the top of the poly??

Yes mate it is... make sure you sand the polyurethane finish though so the KBS grips it

Offline Brettski

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland

Yes mate it is... make sure you sand the polyurethane finish though so the KBS grips it

Thank you!

I will give this a go over the weekend, thanks for the heads up on the KBS..

Brettski... :)

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide

Thank you!

I will give this a go over the weekend, thanks for the heads up on the KBS..

Brettski... :)

Just be aware that KBS cures with moisture so if you have damp conditions it will set really fast.
Don't get it on your fingers

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Whats it do to your fingers?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Brettski

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
Whats it do to your fingers?

Thanks Chris,

I am in luck, very low humidity at the moment and clear skies. Thanks for the tip about fingers, I will wear gloves.. :)

If there is anything else I should know then now is the time to speak up, I am going to try it out tomorrow. :)