Author Topic: My collection going into storage  (Read 512 times)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Re: My collection going into storage
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 11:40:11 AM »
thats a really smart idea cutting the MDF for the protection of the backglass/score areas. I will borrow that idea. Thanks for sharing.

+1 . Hope the move goes smoothly for you Mitch . Moving house is a pain in the butt!
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 09:45:42 PM »
Hi guys, Well the move on Sunday went well, i wanted to get a few more photos, but unfortunately these few are all i got time to get  @.@

Just a few pics of the first few games being loaded up. Initially they had told me that the trucks tail lift wasnt working.. but after i pestered them they decided to try it... well luck was on my side as it worked fine  #*# as i wasnt looking forward to lifting pinball cabinets about 5 feet or so high to get them in the truck... especially as Roller Disco being a wide body is SOOOO F@#kn HEAVY!!!! soon as they moved Roller Disco on the trolley (the first one we moved) they found out what i meant  *%* *%*

Anyhow it wasnt too long before we had my remaining eleven cabs and four backboxes loaded up, padded and secured. They were very careful with my precious machines, as Norm knew how valuable they are to me. I didnt bother bubble wrapping the unrestored machines, but my restored ones got two layers of bubble wrap, plus a layer of shrink wrap (found some at Bunnings the day before they were moved out).

I wish i could have got a pic of all the machines in the truck but i forgot to get one  @.@ Anyway my furniture was packed next, after a couple of hours (including a coffee break) everything was packed. My car was jam packed as well, four backboxes, as well as a shitload of boxes and anything i could fit in. In the end i removed a few things from the car, including one backbox, to help save wear n tear on the car as the suspension was sitting pretty low in the arse end!!!! the backboxes in the car had backglasses still installed hence why they were in the car (safer for them than in the truck).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 10:11:57 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 09:50:25 PM »
And several hours later they were delivered safe n sound to their new home  $#$

I opened the box containing my backglasses just to check them.. all intact  *%* *%*  #*#

The shed is 6m by 6m, wish it was bigger but beggers cant be choosers  :lol anyway the house has 4 bedrooms so a couple of them will live in the house, havent decided which ones yet. I plan on insulating the shed, to make it a bit more comfortable to be in/work in, especially in the hot weather... Wauchope is a bloody hot place in the summer!!

I'm renting this place, but i can do pretty much what i want in the garage.. My brother helped me get this place, he's a builder and this house belongs to his ex boss, pretty cool deal really as i'm moving stuff in and i havent signed a lease yet.. doing that tomorrow, no rental applications, no references needed, just goes to show its now what you know its WHO you know  *%* *%*

there is a double car port as well so the car doesnt have to go in the garage, so the garage will be a dedicated gameroom/ repair area!!

Will post more pics when i get it all set up!!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:00:15 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 11:12:06 PM »
 Hi Mitch   Its a huge job moving which nobody likes but Im sure you will settle in well    I can see why you want to insulate the shed  first    good move   @@*

I like the p/g case -box   it good to see they arrived safe      Carnt wait to come over for a game   or 2  or 3    Howzat

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 09:26:09 AM »
Good to see the move went well, just got back from up that way and it is a nice part of the world.