Author Topic: LED's in my CFTBL - I am the pinball pimp ! - Pics  (Read 6196 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: LED's in my CFTBL - I am the pinball pimp ! - Pics
« on: February 18, 2010, 02:00:37 PM »
leds are the way to go  ^^^
it looks great wotto

Cheers.

I have found that LED's suit a few games but do little to others - its a LOT of trial and error.
It really is a matter of grabbing the colours/ styles you initially 'think' will do the machine justice AND having a second colour/style choice available for some inserts and buying some extra globes to experiment with in order to get the game looking it's best ( or how U want it to look ).

I literally spend hours on the games moving globes around and trying different colours in different spots to see what effect it gives the game, I often try 'similar colours' in some area's - eg under the GREEN lane guides I might try green ( obviously ) as well as white, yellow or blue to see what that looks like - I do that all over the game before finally settling on the end colour. Thi smay sound crazy , but in some games LED's do really cool things if you experiment a bit.

In some CLEAR inserts a white LED looks good ( like the lips on CFTBL ) - yet on others it doesnt look as good
- eg on the SLIDE 'arrow' insert on CFTBL the whit eglobe didnt look good for some reason, so I placed a purple one in there which looks better and MAY try a pink to match the playfiled in that section - but for now it's purple and looks good.

In the MAIN you will match the insert to the LED colour though.
I have not had ONE game where I like the look of ANY style of LED behind the translite but

DW Drums rule !