Author Topic: Zaccaria Winter Sports  (Read 702 times)

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Zaccaria Winter Sports
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 12:29:02 AM »
Do you have a manual?

Lower Templestowe is not too far from me if you need another pair of eyes.

Offline infinite1977

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
  • Roger 504 apprehend him
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 03:20:25 PM »
Aj, I dont have a manual but I should be able to get my hands on one electronically. I have one for my EWF which needs someone to come and look at it.
I need more than a pair of eyes, I need someone with some knowledge as I am completely hopeless and can barely use a multi meter.

Your more than welcome to pop by and have a tinker if you like

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 06:31:41 PM »
Dont know how this will affect things, but I discovered CN6 and CN7 were the wrong way around. I have swapped them over, fuse does not blow anymore. Displays plugged in, there seems to be solenoid action but no displays turned on or sound. I also just realised there is nothing plugged into CN15, and there seems to be no leads for it?

Offline pulstar

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 07:38:14 PM »
Yep.... damn ebay :)   up to no. 5 now.

Unfortunately my Garage is not much of a garage anymore and I might have to sell at least one once they are working spot on.

Where did you find to keep yours?  Mine arent allowed inside unfortunately.... but im working on it :)

Yep let us know how you go and we'll see if we can get this machine going!

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 08:19:25 PM »
Haha. I have three inside in the man cave and WS is in the garage for now. Not sure how I am going to hold onto it:) will post pics of man cave soon. Any ideas about CN15 connector on the WS

Offline pulstar

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 09:28:37 PM »
Yep CN15 has a connector on House of Diamonds but Winter Sports does not have this... not all the outputs on the output board are used and winter sports doesn't use these particular ones.
Yep will have to find some time to come and check out your machines.... but now off to work on my machine..

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 09:41:30 PM »
Thanks.. Good to know CN 15 is not needed. Will get to the bottom of it. Will do your tests this weekend and will report findings

Offline pulstar

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2011, 08:12:32 PM »
How did you gp...

I may have some spare time on Monday (12th) if still required...

Offline infinite1977

• Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 10:56:04 AM »
Haven't done anything as yet, time got the better of me unfortunately. Will try and get to it today but not sure as yet

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2011, 11:05:03 AM »
Dunno if the attached is of any use, it's a small repair guide I found for Zac games.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 02:03:42 AM »
A bit of progress on this machine.

I have totally rebuilt the power supply (only a few 1/4 watt resistors and ceramic caps were not changed.

The MPU had some minor acid damage and was missing one of the ram chips.

Acid damage has been repaired and new ram installed.

The MPU now boots, only 2 of the 6 displays work. (one display shows 0000 and the other display alternates between 66 and 11)

3 of the 4 displays that are not working have a burnt resistor.

I have replaced the burnt resistors but still no life in 4 of the displays (tested one the glasses in a working display and glass was fine so fault resides in electronic components and not glass in at least one of the displays)

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline pulstar

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 11:00:50 PM »
When the Backup memory is lost... mine flashed 666666  999999  .... 69 69 69  did someone have a sense of humor at Zaccaria?

... and most of my displays were doing wierd things.. I just replaced all the chips.... hardest ones to get were the 4002's  the simplest chip of them all. Never seen one with a burnt resistor? Out of the 5 machines i've owned this year ive had a 12 individual tubes out, 2 transistors gone, and a heap of IC faults.... thats out of 27 displays.... 6 digit and 8 digit.

Ive also had displays that cause intermittant crash on boot up, can't start game, no game over lamp... etc..  fixed by replacing chips communicating (or receiving anyway) on the ribbon.

Actually I think I still have a lot of 4002's somewhere....

The RAM on the CPU is terrible in these... and often requires replacement....

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 11:12:55 PM »
A note that might help is we have decided to allow for the use of a 6116 RAM chip on our new ZAC MPU board that replaces both original RAM chips....more info soon.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2011, 12:05:41 AM »
I have replaced the faulty I.Cs and burnt resistors (there was only one burnt resistor on each board and it was the same one on them all)

the ram was replaced (well fitted, there was no ram on the board)

haven't powered it up yet, I will bench test it very soon
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)