Author Topic: NSW detectives required!!  (Read 538 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: NSW detectives required!!
« on: May 02, 2011, 09:35:26 PM »
Ok... here are my thoughts and this is all pretty much speculation, but see what you all think... it may be a bit far fetched or too cloak and dagger.

Machine is made in Edgecliff NSW.. just up the road from Nutt & Muddle.

Now Nutt & Muddle made one arm bandits... they started out after purchasing some 50 pinballs that went into milk bars.
In 1956 the one arm gambling machine is made legal in NSW... but by this time Nutt & Muddle already had a 3 storey factory making these pokie machines!

It would seem thet Mr Nutt and Mr Muddle had plenty of people paid off... this is a time when all types of these machines were being smashed by the police in raids... somehow Nutt & Muddle managed to have their machines in the market place being operated un hindered! So much so that they had a huge factory dedicated to the manufacture BEFORE they were made legal. This factory included a smelting plant.

Ok... onto my machine... just so happens that just up the road from N & M is TOM THUMB MOTION PICTURES   who just happen to make coin operated peep show machines.

The badge on my machine has 3 patents applied for... if you look these up then we have a wheat chopper from April 8 1873... not a continuous movie machine. So patents applied for is all made up to look good.

I cannot find anything for TOM THUMB MOTION PICTURES in NSW.

The phone number shown.... FM 2605 is an ENGLISH phone number... NOT australian.

My guess is that this machine is an import from England that was modified once it got here... hence the change in topper and extra paint work ( this has been done quite well by a sign writer).

What im thinking is that maybe Nutt & Muddle also had a sideline in all sorts of other coin op machines.... namely seedy peep show ones.

The badge on it was made to make it look good and "official"... it is in fact a decoy.

My theory is that these machines were put out there by operators from Nutt & Muddle and the badge is all made up data in case the premises got busted and so nothing was traceable back to Nutt & Muddle.

Sounds a bit far fetched must admit... the only thing i know for sure is that N & M were as dodgy as they came and my badge on my machine is full of misleading information.

What do you reckon???