Author Topic: Gottlieb Cleopatra Restoration  (Read 9978 times)

Offline Brettski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
  • Since I Was A Young Boy I Played The Silver Ball!
    • Strikes and Spares Restoration
Re: Gottlieb Cleopatra Restoration
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2015, 10:53:22 PM »
Latest Update...

This week my parts order came from the the USA which means I have everything I need now to finish it, I also had to wait for my printer to deliver the final artwork for the back box stencil which arrived in time for the weekend. First thing was to finish of the cabinet and so I stenciled the backbox after installing the metal rails and glass guides on the main cabinet. I regrained and polished the metal rails and coin door face plus I was lucky as the coin door skin was in perfect shape with no dents, just need polishing. The inside of the coin door was competely dismantled and all the rusty bits cleaned, polished and/or painted and then reassembled. The backbox is complete but the Pascal board looks a bit lonely in there but might make a good place to hide shit I don't want the wife to find! ;)

Just finishing off repopulating the playfield and having some trouble with the two star rollovers, the clear got into them and now I have the tedious task of cleaning them out so the work smoothly, unfortunately I broke one of the bits that hold the star in place and will have to work out some clever way to sort it out (suggestions welcome) but once I have them cleared then the playfield can be installed into the cabinet.

Getting closer now, should have it all together by next weekend ready to begin work on the backglass. Going to give myself a crash course in airbrushing then see what I can do there.

Latest pics are below

Cheers: Brettski... :)