Author Topic: Machines With Leds ! Excellent Results. What A Difference. Photos.  (Read 22709 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
I werent aware of any USA made LED's.. China yes,Taiwan yes Germany yes.
CREE chip is USA chip, but thats a driver chip only... thats then onsold to LED manufacturers to make LED. Theres no difference between CREE and EPISTAR etc cept CREE made in USA... it didnt take the other manufacturers to refine the drivers to CREE standards.

At 22c ea... they aint made in good old USA mate

Good Point Gav. I know/knew that. EVERYTHING IS MADE IN CHINA. I meant supplied by USA companies in my specific bulk purchase. Thru the USA scource my mate uses, I have a guarrantee from them etc with regards to refunds/swapping out any faulty/dud LEDs. From my previous China scourced LEDs, when half were found to be faulty/dud, I got no refunds or any help. This time, this way, any faulty ones get fully replaced etc.  ^^^

....Interesting... whats the guarantee on them??? Its a tough call as the quality of the LED driver is just as important as the quality of the LED itself... unless the LED has a constant current chip coupled with it and a fully regulated voltage supply.. then failures can be expected... there will be all sorts of ripple from your voltage source that will shorten the life of the LED... it didnt matter too much how clean the power source was with the 44 or 47 bulbs so long as the voltage didnt ramp up overheating the filament.. LED is far more sensitive.
Just to add, ive got the 1936 Stoner machine working 99%... it still has the original bulbs in it... all of which still work. Thats some 75 years they have lasted and just goes to show that todays modern mass produced products just are not the quality of years ago. One of my LED suppliers sent me a report that had serious concerns for LED in that while LED CAN last for a few thousand hours given the right conditions.. whether it could prove itself as reliable in a mass produced market was a completely different ball game... anyway, hope they hold up for you as at the moment its still not a very cheap alternative.