Author Topic: Is the age of the pre-order over?  (Read 4175 times)

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
Re: Is the age of the pre-order over?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2015, 10:48:59 AM »
Some thoughts:

1. I thought his last game was being sold for $US15k.  Is that correct?

If so I presume the $US16k, is saying that the new investor wants an additional $US1k.  If there is any saving grace for those with a deposit, its that an extra & 7% is not much to pay.  If its is a reputable manufacture, I'd throw in the extra 7%.

2. ...so the big question is now, who will be taking over production.  Given they are all LE games (100 or so of each of the three games?), I can't see a big company getting involved.  The relatively small run could suit Spooky Pinball.

3. The lesson of pre-order is being learnt again.  I'm beginning to think that JJP may not survive.  Though JJP may have a loyal customer base, it is now limited to just that.  If JJP was now to announce pre-order of their third unthemed title that Pat Lawler is working on, I can't see many people paying a deposit until they know the machine is in production, or even more so, is in the distributors showroom.  JJP's business model is based on pre-order for now.  JJP has to start producing more titles per year, or their revenue stream is going to be Zero for the next year or two.

4.  So is J Pop going to end up working for one of the new start up companies?  He is a great designer, so I hope that happens, but I fear his name is tainted.