Author Topic: Watch a movie then play the pin or Play the pin and watch the movie ?  (Read 524 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
If you have a collection of pins, do u watch the movie then play the pin or vica versa.

An ax ample is Last Action Hero. Played the pin, watched the movie, understood the machine more and enjoyed it better.

Have done same for most of my titles that have factory promo movies from the factory or I watch the movie assosciated with the pinball.

Helps to fully understand and get a feel for the rule sets and games quirky artwork and little nick backs etc.

Do you have a pin or a few pins you can match up to a movie etc and has the movie worked for you or made the pin more or less appealing ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
That's easy,  Flash Gordon with Sam J Jones. One of my favorite movies of all time.
Watch FG then play the pin.

Pinpal...

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Yep, just watched Big Juicy Melons and now waiting for the pin to show up  #@#
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Dimsims

• Forum Posts:
  • Bass Coast, Vic
Same here with Last Action Hero, I had actually already seen the movie, but the misses and kid hadn't.
I put the movie on, we all watched it and we were all hooked.
Trouble is, it was a fight to get a game after that  :lol

But yeah, I recommend watching the movie, so you can relate to the game.

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Yes, going to Acca Dacca concert later this year. I will play the pin to hell and back before and after the concert.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
I think most of us have seen the movie(s) - but a long time ago. I quite enjoy playing the pin for a while & going "what was xx about" - then re-watching the movie & going "ahhh that makes sense now"  *%*
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Never watched CFTBL
I have seen the Elvira movie

Offline Ant

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW

^^^ ^^^
Looking for The Simpsons Pinball Party and Dungeons and Dragons.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW

^^^ ^^^

This was up for a few Academy Awards wasn't it?  %.%
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Or you could dislike a movie.. then Stern release a pin of that movie.. go watch it again and change your mind?

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
Back when I owned the shadow I was warned not to watch the movie because it was so bad it would ruin the pin so I stayed away.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Back when I owned the shadow I was warned not to watch the movie because it was so bad it would ruin the pin so I stayed away.

%.% This is so true - & there's a video by TNT with the owner Todd's face super-imposed as the Shadow - it's even worse!

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania

I had already seen The Shadow prior to owning the pin, and I actually enjoyed the movie. You do need to remember it was made a long time ago, but I also enjoyed Waterworld so maybe its me........ *)*

I got the missus to watch it once we got the pin and she understood the modes, callouts and the pin in general much better.

I think it is worthwhile seeing the movie/tv if you have not seen it. In saying that I have tried to watch the Twilight Zone series and I am struggling.....