Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57110 times)

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #1620 on: July 15, 2013, 02:45:24 AM »
I ordered in the first week
No distributors were announced until about May 11 (?)
Were any standards ordered in that first week

Jack stated many times, 'first to pay, first to play', I finished making payments in 2011

If any standard versions were ordered before I placed my order, and/or Jack signed up any distributors in the first week, then I will unreservedly apologize to him

Pinchroma, any response to this? Just curious as to the order in which games are being filled.

Offline Pinchroma

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1621 on: July 15, 2013, 06:26:13 AM »
 !*!
I ordered in the first week
No distributors were announced until about May 11 (?)
Were any standards ordered in that first week

Jack stated many times, 'first to pay, first to play', I finished making payments in 2011

If any standard versions were ordered before I placed my order, and/or Jack signed up any distributors in the first week, then I will unreservedly apologize to him

Pinchroma, any response to this? Just curious as to the order in which games are being filled.

I have no idea when people ordered so i can't speak to that but all the of the standards that are out there now are distribs who asked for some of their standards to be built first which may have been ordered later but they swapped the build dates for their LE vs Standard because they also route games.

The ratio of LE's to Standards is about 9:1.. 9 LE's for every 1 standard built.    If you ordered an LE day 1 and then ordered a standard 6 months later, one for your home and another to route and you ask to have your standard built first so you can get it out there making money?  Sure why not.   Same amount of games are being built.   Just that LE will be built in the spot that the standard was originally in and vice versa.    Perfect example is a NY operator who has a location with 10 machines.   He bought 2..   decided to get his route game first so he can bring in money on it.

Hell i would too.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #1622 on: July 15, 2013, 08:07:48 AM »
Hi Pinchrome , can you tell me what the weathers like in NJ ?

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1623 on: July 15, 2013, 09:50:03 AM »
New article here, more information and some footage inside the factory:

http://www.app.com/article/20130714/NJBIZ/307140010/Jersey-Jack-Pinball-Wizard-of-Oz

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #1624 on: July 15, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »
Wow, look at all those people working furiously on getting those games out. Never seen so many employed staff  <.>
.....something witty here

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #1625 on: July 15, 2013, 02:51:25 PM »
Wow, look at all those people working furiously on getting those games out. Never seen so many employed staff  <.>

Reading the article, it looks like they are only running at 30% capacity. It says they can make 50 machines per week but the plan is for $8 mil in annual sales (about 20 machines pw).

I can not see how they can make any profit with $8 mil annual sales. The wage bill for 50 workers would be  at least $1.5 mil p.a. not to mention the running costs of a small office and 42, 000 sq.ft. factory.

The article also says there is a 6-9 month wait because sales have been brisk.   !!@ Why not work 7 day weeks until they catch up?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:00:05 PM by Freiherr »
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #1626 on: July 15, 2013, 07:00:32 PM »

The article also says there is a 6-9 month wait because sales have been brisk.   !!@ Why not work 7 day weeks until they catch up?
[/quote]

More BS!

I bet the refund queue is getting just as big.
Addicted to pins.

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1627 on: July 15, 2013, 11:43:35 PM »
Here's another nice clear video of a decent game on a machine running code 1.14 from new owner tehashix:

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Pinchroma also offered the following information as to why JJP decided to use a PC-based system in the game:

"The PC based decision was actually an easy one.  We selected a military grade motherboard and are driving the game with a solid state hard drive with a 50 year mean time to failure.   The way I wrote the OS is utilizing a mechanism called UEFI which guarantees infinite forward compatibility.   As motherboards grow obsolete, they can be switched out at the owners discretion with NO additional work.  Literally swap the board/CPU like you would on any mpu on an existing pinball machine and the game will boot right up.   The drivers are universal due to UEFI.   10 or even 5 years ago this wasn't possible. 

Not only are we driving full 1080p which isn't possible in an embedded platform as you need a gpu but we will have full gigabit Internet access for downloads and Facebook syncing and a bunch of other things I can't announce yet that also will never be possible with traditional embedded."

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #1628 on: July 15, 2013, 11:51:42 PM »
Thanks for the vid,

Patience  (((

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #1629 on: July 16, 2013, 12:00:31 AM »
It's looking good.  Shouldn't be to long before some lucky customers get there machines I'm guessing another month ;)

Offline Hashman

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
Re:
« Reply #1630 on: July 16, 2013, 02:15:19 AM »
Wow. After not seeing a video for a while and then watching that one I think I've changed my mind. It looks pretty frickin cool.

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
« Reply #1631 on: July 16, 2013, 07:21:10 AM »
Agree, the lighting is stunning and gameplay looks quite good as well

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1632 on: July 18, 2013, 05:02:48 AM »
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bumper-action-i-still-havnt-received-my-employee-entitlements-from-nov-2012

I thought this was relevant as it has to do with WOZ customers. Mods can of course move or delete post if not warranted.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #1633 on: July 18, 2013, 07:39:37 AM »
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bumper-action-i-still-havnt-received-my-employee-entitlements-from-nov-2012

I thought this was relevant as it has to do with WOZ customers. Mods can of course move or delete post if not warranted.

Care factor = 0

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1634 on: July 18, 2013, 02:44:59 PM »

Care factor = 0

Of course, you cancelled your order. Possibly exceptional timing as well.

Hope it all works out for the rest of Aussie WOZ customers.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 02:48:59 PM by 4_amusement_only »