Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57061 times)

Offline Pinchroma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #1575 on: July 14, 2013, 12:49:36 AM »
Well said Gav.

My issue is that Pinchroma  has entered Aussie Pinball in exactly the same way that JJP entered pinball imo, with arrogance and negativity.

How about offering something constructive to the forum and not coming on here for the sole purpose of baiting a valued member of the forum?

I'm not here to chat on this forum.  Merely to stop homepin from continuing to spread LIES.  They aren't opinion.   He states them as if he is in the know.  Check other forums where he got publicly blasted for his complete non-unserstanding of anything he claimed to know about and especially things that are technology related.   People from intel/Microsoft/amd amongst a bunch of other tech savvy people completely disemboweled everything he said so he disappeared (ran home with his tail between his legs) so now he's here spewing the same crap to you guys. 

Sorry but I'm not about to have someone who has zero understanding of a platform or technology preach like his word is gospel and cover it under the veil of "someone told me".

He has refused to actually back up his assertions and you guys back him up for that. Don't you realize how odd that is?   I have fact and video evidence to back up my statements he has conjecture and no proof yet you guys are giving me the 3rd degree?   Sorry as I'm not attacking a country but one of your countrymen is full of crap and hasn't even come back to answer my questions. 

Mike,   Explain your reasonings as for why pc's don't work and how woz is taking 3 minutes to boot and how that's the reason behind delays.   Please answer this.  I am formally calling
You out to back up your "opinions".   Opinions are formed based on an understanding of what you believe to be fact.  Please lay those "facts" out there to be analyzed.   

He WON'T.  GUARANTEED.  Because he's FOS.

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1576 on: July 14, 2013, 01:08:39 AM »
Its really sad when pinball people act like this. We all love pinball. Cant we all just get along.
I feel sorry for woz purchasers. They have been taken for a quite a ride. I do believe jack will come through.
But at what cost to the Pinball community.
If jack fails and people are left with no machines ,it will destroy pinball. This would be a lost to everyone.
So lets be positive. Any new machines are an asset to pinball. Pc based, em, dmd or what every i personally dont care. People can make there own decisions.
I have not ordered a woz. I am glad i didnt. I personally dont like the pay up front for things. I was going to wait and see what they look like and buy of the showroom floor, if a liked it. But i am Not sure when i will see one for sale though.
I do hope jjp does well and get things moving along.
I also hope Mike producers some australian designed pins.
As well as Spooky pinball, Ben Heck, Jpop
And the like.

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1577 on: July 14, 2013, 01:40:39 AM »
Does anyone have any video of the inside boards , leds etc of a Woz machine? It would be interesting to see who these machine are setup.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #1578 on: July 14, 2013, 01:41:06 AM »
Its really sad when pinball people act like this. We all love pinball. Cant we all just get along.
I feel sorry for woz purchasers. They have been taken for a quite a ride. I do believe jack will come through.
But at what cost to the Pinball community.
If jack fails and people are left with no machines ,it will destroy pinball. This would be a lost to everyone.
So lets be positive. Any new machines are an asset to pinball. Pc based, em, dmd or what every i personally dont care. People can make there own decisions.
I have not ordered a woz. I am glad i didnt. I personally dont like the pay up front for things. I was going to wait and see what they look like and buy of the showroom floor, if a liked it. But i am Not sure when i will see one for sale though.
I do hope jjp does well and get things moving along.
I also hope Mike producers some australian designed pins.
As well as Spooky pinball, Ben Heck, Jpop
And the like.
+1
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #1579 on: July 14, 2013, 01:51:35 AM »
I'm not here to chat on this forum.  

I get that now and I also get that you have damaged the JJP brand even further imo with your spat on this forum.

No difference to the Australian Labor Party recently changing leader, a distraction to the real issues, in JJP's case where are the games that people have paid for?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 01:53:23 AM by tonyt »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #1580 on: July 14, 2013, 01:54:29 AM »
Does anyone have any video of the inside boards , leds etc of a Woz machine? It would be interesting to see who these machine are setup.

I did take a video and photos of the inside of our wizard of oz when we unboxed it 6 months ago plugged in my iPhone to email the footage and bloody iTunes wiped my phone and lost the lot.  On Monday If its not to busy I can see what I can do.

Basically its a small PC style mother board with a larger driver board to control the solonoids and lights etc.   ours is a prototype so could be completely different than the current model

Offline Pinchroma

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1581 on: July 14, 2013, 02:01:42 AM »

I did take a video and photos of the inside of our wizard of oz when we unboxed it 6 months ago plugged in my iPhone to email the footage and bloody iTunes wiped my phone and lost the lot.  On Monday If its not to busy I can see what I can do.

Basically its a small PC style mother board with a larger driver board to control the solonoids and lights etc.   ours is a prototype so could be completely different than the current model

It is completely different.  Completely new layout and board components.

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1582 on: July 14, 2013, 02:09:12 AM »
[/quote]

Do you have a video of the new boards. Also system diagnostics menus etc. all the techie stuff. Would be interesting and may help alleviate any misconceptions about the design.

Offline Pinchroma

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1583 on: July 14, 2013, 03:32:50 AM »
 &^&

Do you have a video of the new boards. Also system diagnostics menus etc. all the techie stuff. Would be interesting and may help alleviate any misconceptions about the design.
[/quote]

There are hundreds of videos on YouTube of them now.   As soon as. I get home ill take some videos of Diags. 

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #1584 on: July 14, 2013, 07:37:17 AM »
What does all this banter achieve ? Nothing ! . At the end of the day a good product sells itself regardless of what anyone says .

I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #1585 on: July 14, 2013, 08:14:02 AM »

He has refused to actually back up his assertions and you guys back him up for that. Don't you realize how odd that is?   I have fact and video evidence to back up my statements he has conjecture and no proof yet you guys are giving me the 3rd degree?   Sorry as I'm not attacking a country but one of your countrymen is full of crap and hasn't even come back to answer my questions. 

Because he's FOS.

Nobody thinks your attacking a country, people are just taking exception because of your aggressive posts and the personal insults. It's ugly and I'd be amazed if it was being supported by JJP but your doing untold damage to the brand just the same.
We all know your opinion and we all know Mike's, people will make up there own minds on who is right and who's wrong. Please leave it at that and let the WoZ thread get back on topic.

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1586 on: July 14, 2013, 08:31:37 AM »
&^&

There are hundreds of videos on YouTube of them now.   As soon as. I get home ill take some videos of Diags.
[/quote]

Thanks you , that would be cool.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #1587 on: July 14, 2013, 09:08:50 AM »
Pinchroma, are you 15YO? You sure act like it. Please tell us your background in the amusement industry and in general "real world" electronics. I suspect you are a computer programmer and nothing more - but that's just a guess as you have never told us about your experience.

I have been involved in the amusement industry for 34 years. Prior to that I had formal electronics training. I have been involved in "real world" industrial electronics design and repair all my life.

I really couldn't care if WOZ takes 3 seconds, 3 minutes or 3 hours to boot - you even contradict yourself in this thread (or is that lying?) one time saying "7 seconds" then later you say "20 seconds" - Sunfox says "26 seconds" a customer (who no longer owns the machine) told me "3 minutes", that could have been an off the cuff statement rather than an actual timed period. Either way they were very keen to be rid of the machine for several reasons.

Regardless, you seem rather touchy about this subject - forget calling me names, that won't wash around here like you managed to get away with on some rogue forums.

PCs and amusement devices - let's see since you appear to have little industry background:

(1) A redemption machine called "Agro" - a few hundred made, PC based would randomly reset, never reliably start, all gone now
(2) Several thousand photo booths, went very well for about 12 months then the PCs started to die, campatibility issues made it very difficult to keep them going. After 2 years the most valuable part in them was the NRI coin mech - all now dumped.
(3) A myriad of different "commercial" MP3 jukeboxes - nothing but an unreliable disaster and a huge monetary loss to anyone who bought them - mostly now pulled off site, sitting in sheds, waiting to be dumped.
(4) A twin driving game - looked great but once moved basically never worked reliably again. all stripped and dumped

Many many others all long forgotten and dumped.

Just 2 weeks ago a Kiss pinball owner purchased a replacement MPU-35 board from me for $200, plugged it in and in 30 minutes was playing his machine again. He was delighted. He could also have sent his board off and had it repaired for about half that cost.

Assuming he actually receives his WOZ one day, what will he do after 12 months/2 years whenever it stops, call a pinball tech who might say "that's a computer - I can't help" or maybe call a computer tech who might say "that's a pinball - I can't help".

Either way he can't simply remove a board and have it repaired or replaced - it isn't that straightforward.

Therein is the entire problem with WOZ - the concept of it was flawed right from the very start.

Pinchroma, you and Sunfox were able to get the pitchfork brigade all worked up about me on another unruly and mostly unmoderated forum because nobody there knows me. Here the members know me for being helpful when they have an electronic problem - I even make one off boards to help them out when I need to. I like to think that my industry and electronic knowledge is well respected here, perhaps I'm wrong, I was once?

Your constant barrage of personal insults towards me only serves to show your true colours to those on this forum and, by default, just how terrible JJP is shaping up to be regarding customer service. Jack is aware of the comments on this thread and he told me that Pinchroma is free to say what he likes!!

I really feel sorry for those who have had faith in this project.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #1588 on: July 14, 2013, 09:15:09 AM »
@Mike, you missed pinball 2000

@Pinchroma, I think that you have acted like an asshole on this forum
I had already canceled my WoZ order a few days ago
your actions here have made me feel I made the right decision

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #1589 on: July 14, 2013, 09:39:34 AM »

your actions here have made me feel I made the right decision

Pete, I have been neutral about this project, and haven't had too much to say other than sharing the not uncommon thought about the theme, but that's personal opinion. I think your decision is well supported by what's gone on here.

I was hesitant about the platform because in my limited experience, PC software based systems I have used (music recording for example) were always flaky compared with a hardware/embedded controller solutions. Even Coconut Island showed the same sorts of weaknesses such as long boot time and the need to reset things (of course, that was an amateur attempt).  

The P2K issue of PC replacement of course if one most pinheads are familiar with, kudos to Chuck and the team for their solution, hopefully we'll see that reemerge soon.

I am amazed that JPP would support the rude and arrogant displays here by Pinchroma. As a manager I have learned that employee attitude is often a reflection of management - I hope that is not the case.

I am of a mind to separate out this latest dialogue into its own little thread to showcase the JPP experience, and so that the WoZ thread doesn't remain polluted with the rubbish.

Personally, some things stand out for me -

I see Mike's runs on the board with his contribution to the hobby as heavily outweighing the attacks being made by this JPP person;

Mike has delivered in spades as and when with boards and help - never did see anyone wait several years for a reply with a bunch of LIES about delivery dates in between;

The attitude displayed by this JPP employee and the support by his management leaves me quite happy to stick to my classic embedded controller games, safe in the knowledge that what I can't fix can be fixed by experts like Mike.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”