Author Topic: Why is everything so difficult now days?  (Read 762 times)

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Why is everything so difficult now days?
« on: March 13, 2013, 07:24:33 PM »
Is it just me or does it seem that even the most simple things we want to do always seem to end up in some sort of drama??

It seems that as soon as someone has and idea, plan, comment or point of view, they get hammered most of the time??

Or is it just me??

I am over it I can tell you!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Why is everything so difficult now days?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 07:30:14 PM »
mmmm, sounds familiar.lol

I was extremely dissapointed how Swinksy got treated. I would love to say alot more but i have to be polite.

Sometimes its best to hang with ya friends, and have a small group around you, than to venture into other peoples so called territory and put up with the complete crap. The mods were spot on with their comments.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 08:20:28 PM »
Don't rely on other peoples opinions

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 08:32:25 PM »

I was extremely dissapointed how Swinksy got treated. I would love to say alot more but i have to be polite.

Sometimes its best to hang with ya friends, and have a small group around you, than to venture into other peoples so called territory and put up with the complete crap. The mods were spot on with their comments.

Surely anyone can be a member on both forums without any drama ?  !@# Too much us vs them on forums these days.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 09:11:15 PM »
with me I am definitely not a us verse's them, I like the one and all

I think things get difficult because some people want to create a divide or don't want to share the limelight
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 09:12:58 PM »

Surely anyone can be a member on both forums without any drama ?  !@# Too much us vs them on forums these days.

Always has been and always will be.  It used to be retailers and now it looks as though a certain high and mighty group over there seem to resist any attempts to co-exist peacefully.  It is a shame but I spose you can only be slapped in the face so many times before you start to slap back.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »
At the end of the day, there are sooo many top blokes on here, so many good pinny collections, sooo much friendship and like minded people all looking after each other, any thing over n above that is a bonus.

We have our barnys every now n again, but AP people are tight knit and always will be.
Someone else is putting on a show, great. we have good people like Gavin(Retropin) and Mike(Homepin) going again hopefully, and by the sounds of it several other AP members with machines.

All people need is the address, the dates n times and the facebook webpage for the show info. If thats all we get, then thats all we will need as a group to participate, for those who wish to attend.

Best we all keep it positive, because thats what AP people are well known for.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Greg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 09:30:18 PM »

I think things get difficult because some people want to create a divide or don't want to share the limelight

that was made evident last year  in the lead up to pinfest  and after

good luck and I hope all AP members have a great time at pinfest 2013
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 09:40:21 PM »
Parochial cliques and entrenched pecking order mentality in the pinball scene, is why.

Some are attracted to the authoritarian nature of the above attributes, others find them repugnant and prefer a more egalitarian approach to the hobby.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 10:27:50 PM »

Unfortunately, I don't have the answer for you Jeff. Most of the dramas are in the background, and are derived due to the obsession with creating division, controversy and also a sense of superiority. I guess that some individuals thrive on the attention. The recent outburst was from a member that last contributed to this forum in December last year. By sheer coincidence, the member (after forgetting his password 3 times) logged into today to respond to the Pinfest thread, and he again proved to be the agitator in the division. Due to the PMs and reported posts, we closed the thread and we will deal with the member, who will no longer create division and negativity on this forum. Not even when he sends his annual PM that he has had issues with his superiors and has left (again).

I apologize, but we were assured that this would not happen in 2013. But straight off the cuff, the intentions have been revealed.

Surely anyone can be a member on both forums without any drama ?  !@# Too much us vs them on forums these days.

Absolutely 100% - We have NO ISSUE with members contributing to as many pinball forums as they want to. The dramas are ALWAYS created from outside Aussie Pinball. This was a member of the moderation team from another forum, and a so called committee member from NPA. This has reflected the NPA in a bad light IMO. The Forum VS Forum crap is never with members from the sites. It is at a higher level.

At the end of the day, this forum was created as a result of the desire to promote and preserve pinball. This has always been our mission statement and we have NEVER EVER taken a backward step. If others want to promote negativity and division - that's their issue. It won't be tolerated here.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 10:31:17 PM »
Very well said Nino  ^^^ and I believe we have a top bunch of guys here with the end result being a great resource, a great forum and alot of fun.

@@*
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts