Author Topic: windows 7 disc  (Read 1090 times)

Offline dealers choice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
windows 7 disc
« on: August 12, 2014, 07:35:34 PM »
I just baught 2 computers from an auction. both are i5 processors and have been completely wiped. Would anyone have a windows 7 os disc with licence no they could lend me to get these things going? I just want to use one as a virtual pin brain and the other for home use. Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Bren
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: windows 7 disc
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 08:14:48 PM »
Do they have "COA" stickers on them or did they get removed as well? They will have the licenced serial number on them and make restoring Windows a lot simpler
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:35:17 PM »
Unfortunately the stickers have been removed Mike.  ^&( It would have made life a lot easier if they wern't.none the less , if I have to buy the os disc it will be worth it in the end.

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 09:57:46 PM »
HANG ON A MINUTE!!! I have prob 10 or so computers here , all with windows xp coa stickers on them. last 5 I scrapped prob had the stickers as well, but never thaught to keep the key numbers. there has to be a way to sort out the 2 new computers. But still no disc.
I only want the internet on the laptop and to make a vp with the desktop so windows xp would still do what I am after anyway.

Offline Zedman

• Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 10:45:22 PM »
Hey Bren, sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but that's last century thinking. If you have broadband then just get it on a torrent. Z

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 11:03:28 PM »
I understand zedman, but im not that up to date on internet stuff. I use a phone for internet. All other computers are pre wifi. Dont even know what torent is. No offence meant either but im still last century, dont have much time to sit down and learn. Too busy either working at work, working on the farm or spending time with the kids.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 11:22:05 PM »
Windows 7 is a bloody irritating software.. the only positive about it is that it automatically downloads drivers. The MAIN downside of it is that it sees add on programs like  Signtools which acts as an interface between Corel Draw and a vinyl plotter as a threat. I have to disable my anti virus when I plug in a USB stick as any file that has been through my plotter gets automatically " cleaned" by W7.. or in other words - WIPED!.. Ive lost a few stencil files since having to use W7.. with XP?? Never had an issue.
My comp that I use for my plotter runs on XP.. home comp is W7... flick between the two without thinking and I lose hours of work

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 11:41:46 PM »
I have had a gutful of Windows. PC running slow, bloated, anti spyware crap needed, constant updating, defraging, and paying for the privilege. 3 months ago I decided to load Linux Mint 17 on my old laptop and it runs really good. No more problems, crashes or slow responses, and it is free.
If all you are after is internet, email and some word processing, then Linux is the go. Linux Mint is more user friendly than other variants for people used to Windows.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 01:11:00 AM »
Well, your both making me think twice about it now
 ^&^ I liked using xp and I cant get used to 8 (maybe i bever used it enough before I left that computer with the ex for the kids. now linux starts a new saga (never heard of itb4) and dont know nothing about it. dont fotget I use a tractor to move my pins and load arcade machines onto my ute.  () Im not real tech savy. id rather put my brain and handy work into things like this.

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 01:12:18 AM »
Even if it is upside down lmao

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 01:23:09 AM »
Even if it is upside down lmao

Well it is in Australia (down under).

Believe me, Linux is dead easy. Once it used to be for geeks but now it is mainly GUI like Windows.
When you download it and make an ISO dvd, all you do is boot your laptop or desktop through your disk drive and linux will do the rest after you answer a few setup prompts. Linux will detect all your hardware for proper drivers just like Windows does. You can even run Windows programs through a Linux app called Vine which is like a Windows emulator.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 04:06:40 AM »
He does not want Linux
He wants a computer he already knows how to use

Sorry, no help here. Never ran a PC on win7
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 04:08:23 AM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 08:12:56 AM »
I actuallt thaught befire I posted this question ( should I or shouldnt I ask?)
I know lots of people have different preferences, and I thank you all for your input.
I want something easy to use, so have changed my mind to probably wanting to load XP onto them as I am already farmilliar with it. And for my purpose I believe it will work well with minimal. program conflicts etc.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 10:51:21 AM »
.........................and you already have plenty of XP licence numbers so your dowloaded/copied versions will be LEGAL!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 11:33:17 AM »
So how.I only use my phone ay the moment for the net.like I said im not real smart in this area #(& #(&.