Author Topic: why is this place a ghost town??  (Read 1586 times)

Offline poodlebob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
why is this place a ghost town??
« on: October 17, 2011, 12:27:16 AM »
discuss.

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
Re: why is this place a ghost town??
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 12:34:25 AM »
 !@#
pinballaustralia.com

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 01:45:52 AM »
It is not
If there is an interesting topic, people will discuss

I like that this forum is dedicated to pinball, and pinball alone

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 02:40:24 AM »
maybe people are instead of talking pinball they are playing pinball, i know i am :D

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 06:15:55 AM »
Because we dont clutter up the forum with crap like this.

Feel free to contribute quality content any time  ^^^

Offline rads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 08:41:17 AM »
Because we dont clutter up the forum with crap like this.

Feel free to contribute quality content any time  ^^^

+1

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 08:48:10 AM »
discuss.
poodlefeatures, stick this where the sun don't shine: No. 1 pinball forum on the planet!!! Go back to AA moron.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 09:08:43 AM »

I would like to know your definition of "ghost town".

The site is going VERY well, and the amount of newbies that have benefited from the experience and passion of the members is something we can't measure. But if we could, it would be more like a metropolis.

Every now and again, a troll appears with a hidden agenda and makes a complete fool of himself. It has never worked in the past, so what makes you think you are different, poodlebob ?

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 10:10:32 AM »
I like that this place is not over-crowded with useles topics and the banter that comes with it.
I was on AA and encouraged to participate in uslees banter and off pinball/arcade topics and I did so...and where did that get me and plenty others....a life ban for having an opinion.
AA is a joke run by a select couple of morons that don't know their head from their arse and an agenda to push the pinball shed above all others.
I like this place much better..lets just stick to the pinballs and pinball related discussion.
Lets keep the other stuff for meets when we can discuss anything openly and face to face over a few beers.
Having said that I do love my sports and don't mind the odd sport thread.
My 2 cents for what it's worth.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 11:42:28 AM »
I agree with my fellow forum members, that some of the other sites are tiresome, as you may need help and what you get when you post something on other sites most times is nothing or useless crap that goes off on some tangent because people want to ramble on with crap.

Yes other sites may have the numbers but this site has a large resource of guys with a wealth of knowledge willing to share and NOT CHARGE A CENT for it - BUT DO IT FOR THE LOVE OF IT.

There are heaps of threads to read (older ones), yes some days there may not be alot of new threads to your interest but I don't want to the site turned into a WHO magazine type site full of trivial gossip / crap.

Why not start a interesting thread to get a discussion going instead of posting a suggestive negative comment - "discuss", please share whats on your mind as we may have misunderstood you.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 02:39:08 PM »
What a great laugh, thanks poo you made my day in such a simple, almost one sentence post!!

Nice to see the relatively polite slap downs you've received - I guess that level of maturity will be another differentiating factor on this forum which may not appeal to you?

More than happy to remove your account if there's not enough action for you, or you can do it yourself if you like, no drama either way.

Or you can as already invited to, start an interesting topic. Having a go at a forum will always elicit responses, but maybe if you try real hard you might have something that is actually interesting to share with us?

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »
discuss.
poodlefeatures, stick this where the sun don't shine: No. 1 pinball forum on the planet!!! Go back to AA moron.

do not hold back now, tell us how you REALLY feel  %$%

Offline poodlebob

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 02:53:33 PM »
cow corner i feel ive met in a previous life, what was your life ban for?? to those beating the jungle drums id say its a little parochial to be threatening to ban people because they ask why this forum has so little traffic. judging by the views and responses this topic has been an interesting thread for some. creech you want to come over and play roadshow with me some time??

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 03:05:45 PM »
cow corner i feel ive met in a previous life, what was your life ban for?? to those beating the jungle drums id say its a little parochial to be threatening to ban people because they ask why this forum has so little traffic. judging by the views and responses this topic has been an interesting thread for some. creech you want to come over and play roadshow with me some time??

Comprehension Mr Poodle!! Where was the ban threat? Only Strangeways or I could make such a threat, and we rarely do (and didn't here), as very few people are of such low quality that we consider them unable to be rehabilitated.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 03:13:31 PM »
We may have met on the dark side of the moon somewhere.
I don't want to go into my ban other than what I have already posted, I have had my spray and as far I am concerned it's ancient history.
I just want to focus on the pins and the cool peeps I have met through pins and contributing here in a postive way when I can.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"