Author Topic: What to do? Gottlieb World Fair playfield restoration  (Read 498 times)

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
What to do? Gottlieb World Fair playfield restoration
« on: January 04, 2009, 04:37:31 PM »
So throwing this out there to see what you guys think is the best way forward here. There is no way I'm going to attempt touching up this playfield. So I was thinking of scanning, then editing in Paintshop then printing out and applying?

The area that would be printed out would be the black lines just above the yellow and include the Gottlieb logo and all the area below up to under the 2 plastics left and right. The first 2 pix are of my game, second one a closeup and the third photo is off IPDB (best one there) to give you an idea how bdly the area damaged is. There is enough on the playfield now to fix.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Send it up..

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

I'd strongly suggest that you send it to Gavin. He will do a fantastic job in bringing the playfield back to it's deserved condition. He will work on it after the Sinbad Backglass and Apron, and the Playboy playfield he will be doing for me..

#@# *%*
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
Ok Tony - I have an idea.

get your scanner - slap it over the offending area, scan it and send me the scan via email - also give me the size of the baseball diameter vertically and horizontally so i can size it appropriately

Ill vectorise it, size it, make stencils with HIGH tac vinyl and send you stencils so you can paint it yourself...Hows that sound??

I KNOW you can do this - its just the detail that is making you nervous...ill supply the detail - you paint. The only issue maybe the Gottlieb logo - if this doesnt come out too correctly, ill send a decal of this to you.

Sound like a good compromise??

Cmon mate - you cant decal the whole area - i wont allow it

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Nice offer Gav!!! #*#
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
OI!!!!~
 Stop treading on your bloody PF glasses and tell me if you want this stencil before i stop being so generous!

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
After the backglass  #@#

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
oooh that hurts!!
Slap me for being slack. fark mate, i have had that much going on its unreal - no excuses though. Will be finished this week   ^&^ ^&^

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
It's all cool - next will be the Picnic respray  ^^^