Author Topic: joker poker usa pinball - i need to change it from 110v to 220v?  (Read 758 times)

Offline mgjock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
joker poker usa pinball - i need to change it from 110v to 220v?

hi,

i have a joker poker 110v pinball which i wish to change to 220v for australian use. i have the instruction manual and schematics for the pinball but it doesn't explain how to do the conversion. i'v tried browsing forums, some mention the transformers need replacing, the transformer wires need changing, jumpers need changing but it isn't clear to me exactly what i need to do? any help would be appreciated?

thanks

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
You can't jumper the older transformers for different input voltages - either they both need to be replaced with Aussie /Euro spec ones, or a step down transformer as suggested is the other way around.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline mgjock

• Forum Posts:
You can't jumper the older transformers for different input voltages - either they both need to be replaced with Aussie /Euro spec ones, or a step down transformer as suggested is the other way around.

thanks for your reply.. just one question.. does this step down transformer get installed inside the machine or is it to be used only outside the machine? i was hoping to do the conversion inside the machine. Is it possible to install this step down inside the machine?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
It will come down to space I suspect, which is not too tight in a system 1. Never done it myself, hopefully one of the more experienced electronics gurus might have done this?

Think about maybe in the future you might score another 110v game - having it external would allow another to be piggy backed.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
If you get an arcade step down - approx 150W then they are not large at all and can be installed inside the machine itself.
other alternative is to purchase a step down external type and simply plug in.
Ebay is by far the cheapest way to buy these

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
I have some 240v System 1 transformers for sale, if interested PM me an offer.  Are you in Melbourne cause you can come here and I will show you how they are wired.
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
I have some 240v System 1 transformers for sale, if interested PM me an offer.  Are you in Melbourne cause you can come here and I will show you how they are wired.

PM sent