Author Topic: Posting new pictures.  (Read 207 times)

Offline v200juke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Posting new pictures.
« on: September 10, 2009, 07:45:23 PM »
Hello I am trying to post pics in Restorations but keeps saying file too big. (4 pics) I am useless on the computer so is there a simple way to explain what I am doing wrong. All the best, Mark.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Posting new pictures.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 07:54:51 PM »
A very easy way to reduce a file size is to open it in Paint (simple windows paint)  Then save the file into a different folder ready to post (Hopefully small enough)

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 08:10:49 PM »
Mark upload them to photobucket.com You will need to make a free account, and once uploaded you just link them here. No limitations with file size that way.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 08:54:58 PM »
Or if you want email them to me at pinballoz@yahoo.com and I'll post them for you  ^^^

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 09:11:30 PM »
If you want to use Paint like DDtoys suggested - go

Start
Programs
Paint.

Then open your image in paint , look along the top of the Paint window and go to Image -click it once
Click Stretch / Skew once and it will open a new little window where you can change the size from 100 x 100 % to (say) 50x50%.
Then re-save it in a folder on your desktop and use that new image to upload here.

To get the image to show in my threads ( instead of just a link ) I upload them to Imageshack....once up there ( or photobucket as Greg said ) you can get a 'Direct Link to Image' link, like in the image below....

Take that link and copy and paste that into your thread by using the icon I am about to indicate in the image below

Hope this helps  !@#
DW Drums rule !