Author Topic: GORGAR Drop Targets  (Read 203 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
GORGAR Drop Targets
« on: June 13, 2009, 05:05:04 PM »
Guys I'm going to have a go at fixing my lower GORGAR drop targets as there NOT resetting when I knock them down however they do at the end of the ball...I'm thinking it's a dirty contact?? do I need to remove the whole housing or is there a trick like using some sand paper on the contacts without removing anything..the coil wires can be removed but on the other side theres a heap of wires I don't really want to remove unless I have to..

Ta Peter

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: GORGAR Drop Targets
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 05:20:12 PM »
Guys I'm going to have a go at fixing my lower GORGAR drop targets as there NOT resetting when I knock them down however they do at the end of the ball...I'm thinking it's a dirty contact?? do I need to remove the whole housing or is there a trick like using some sand paper on the contacts without removing anything..the coil wires can be removed but on the other side theres a heap of wires I don't really want to remove unless I have to..

Ta Peter

Peter,

I'm not familiar with a GORGAR, but is there a test mode for switch levels like on the DMD games?  I'm thinking that maybe 1 or 2 targets are not registering as closed, therefore the bank is not resetting.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 06:14:17 PM »
Most likely dirty contacts at the back of the targets.
I had this happen when I had Gorgar and Flash - EXACTLY the situation you are describing.

I had to remove the whole assembly and clean each little horseshoe contact - the clean took 20 seconds - the removal and replacement of the assemblies took about 30 minutes  :lol

DW Drums rule !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 06:23:53 PM »
Thanks guys for your suggestions-I did indeed remove the target housing and clean all the contacts and noticed the coil stop screws where loose as-it was mainley the middle target that wasn't getting connection. Put it all back together and guess what it works $#$ @@* now I can light the bumpers and get the special light on.. All good-also did the top targets as well, what a great way to spend a cold day in Melbourne fixing pinnies and having a few beers..

Peter

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 10:26:47 AM »

Well done Peter - WMS drop targets are a bit of a pain to service, but after a good clean, they will work trouble free for years.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia