Author Topic: $48 or $70 per week. New Pinball machine - Stern  (Read 796 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
$48 or $70 per week. New Pinball machine - Stern
« on: June 29, 2012, 07:28:23 PM »
Wouldnt it just be nice and easy if u could rock up to your local Stern dealer, sign a piece of paper, hand over no cash whatsoever, and have a brand new Stern delivered to your door only a few days later.

I have calculated, it would cost

$48.50 per week for a brand new Stern Pro
(based on a total purchase price of $6500 to buy a brand new STERN Pro with a shaker motor and delivery included.
Apx $48.50 per week or $210 per month over 36 month basis with a interest rate of say 10 percent per annum).

OR

$70.75 per week for a brand new Stern LE
(based on a total purchase price of $9500 to buy a brand new STERN LE with a shaker motor and delivery included.
Apx $70.75 per week or $306.53 per month over 36 month basis with a interest rate of say 10 percent per annum).

I am going to ask Bruce if he has a finance company lined up. It might be a easy way to sell a whack more brand new pinballs.

WOULD YOU buy a brand new pinball machine using the payment per week only plan ?  !@#

$48 or $70 a week. Sounds very achievable.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: $48 or $70 per week. New Pinball machine - Stern
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 07:32:09 PM »
I'm a cash man. I don't even window shop. When I got the money for a pinball; that is when I buy
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 07:40:41 PM »
10% interest wow thats good, isnt the average these days 29% from the likes of GE. to be eligible for finance you have to sell a load of stuff, from what i have been told millions of dollars worth of stuff a year to have finance company give you finance deals. id say the only option would be for you to take a personal loan, not that i would go into debt for a pinball machine. i pay cash for everything even my buisness doesn't have a single account with any supplier.

but saying that im a cash person, its also the reason why ill most likely never own a nib pinball lol

I bet if you could get a GE style finance happening i bet allot more people would be buying NIB pinballs
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:28:52 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline roundball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 10:07:19 PM »
You have to factor in the finance companies cut to. They will charge the retailer / distributor ~10% of the retail price, 9.9/10 this will get passed on as there is no discount on NIB it seems.

If you happy to pay full retail + 10% + intrerest go for it, as I can't see the distributors dropping their pants to do more deals via finance.

Offline RatBag

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 10:55:20 PM »
We are doing it already,Contact Joe at KJWHF Amusement hire he has arranged a deal with a finance company for new Sterns
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 10:57:40 PM by RatBag »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 11:20:42 PM »
We are doing it already,Contact Joe at KJWHF Amusement hire he has arranged a deal with a finance company for new Sterns

yes, knew that was the case, but Joe shld be getting Bruce from AMD to do something similar for people over this side of Australia. ?

The reason I raised the topic is that it was for members who didnt want to part with money upfront but could do a finance deal.
Usually, the finance companies will add up to a 5 percent flat rate fee on top plus a reasonable interest rate. Finance from a store perspective is actually very easy to get, and companies like GE etc are really only used by the desperate. Rates have come down alot also, and companies like HSBC and others like them love to take on business for products in the 6 to 10 grand price bracket.

Its a great option for anyone who wants a NIB STERN without having to be rich to start off with.

Ferengi rule number 7 of the Rules of Acquisition - dont spend your own capital, but borrow against it at a low rate.lol  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 11:35:33 PM »

yes, knew that was the case, but Joe shld be getting Bruce from AMD to do something similar for people over this side of Australia. ?

The reason I raised the topic is that it was for members who didnt want to part with money upfront but could do a finance deal.
Usually, the finance companies will add up to a 5 percent flat rate fee on top plus a reasonable interest rate. Finance from a store perspective is actually very easy to get, and companies like GE etc are really only used by the desperate. Rates have come down alot also, and companies like HSBC and others like them love to take on business for products in the 6 to 10 grand price bracket.

Its a great option for anyone who wants a NIB STERN without having to be rich to start off with.

Ferengi rule number 7 of the Rules of Acquisition - dont spend your own capital, but borrow against it at a low rate.lol  ^^^

Basic rule of not going broke... if you aint got the cash.. you cant afford it...

... Companies are going to the wall at a rate of knots right now because they cant reduce their overheads. Most have borrowed for cars, bought large sheds, equipment etc to offset tax, problem is when the economy is down ( like now) and work load drops off, your overheads stay the same... your tax on the otherhand adjusts because you have earnt less. When your overheads exceed your income its bye bye business, hello receivers.
Only those with plenty of $$$ to splash around would finance a non essential item like a pin... same people would buy outright .. if they havent yet, its cos they dont want it

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 11:42:49 PM »
some people dont drink or smoke, or have much of a hobby except for say pinball. A $50 a week expense is not a huge leap for someone who only has that one small payment out of their wage.

and yes, alot of companies are going broke, espescially with the carbon tax, but thats a different thread/topic.

Offline piesrule

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 12:03:59 AM »
some people dont drink or smoke, or have much of a hobby except for say pinball. A $50 a week expense is not a huge leap for someone who only has that one small payment out of their wage.

and yes, alot of companies are going broke, espescially with the carbon tax, but thats a different thread/topic.
How can companies be going broke because of the carbon tax when it hasn't been introduced yet? !@#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 12:22:19 AM »
with the carbon tax coming !

anyone in business for themself, would have seen a massive drop in market confidence. I am sure thats what Gav meant, and what I mean as well. Just watch the news everynight. There have been 20 massive transport companies close in the last few months. The market has carbon tax jitters for sure.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:

anyone in business for themself, would have seen a massive drop in market confidence. I am sure thats what Gav meant, and what I mean as well. Just watch the news everynight. There have been 20 massive transport companies close in the last few months. The market has carbon tax jitters for sure.

Got my breakdown from Origin today about how this tax is going to affect me... supply charge up by 50%.... cheap tarriff up by 50%... peak up by 15%. Next quarter of busines is going to be bad bad bad bad bad..., if you are unsure just how much things are going to cost, you dont spend.. its simple. Market has carbon tax jitters alright and quite rightly so... remember theres an increase in electricity cost to come yet also.

... oh and just to add rub salt into the wound.. the tax is subject to GST.. so tax on a tax..

... anyway, we digress.. so back on topic... those who can afford to RUN an ACDC pin might like to finance one.. yes?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I am amazed that ALL of the STERN pinball sellers in Australia havent been using a simple finance package for many years.

In the Security Industry, u would sell apx 70 percent less if people couldnt take up a simple finance package for 6 to 20 grand worth of a purchase. It has proved very popular with residential clients, as well as business clients for over 15 years.

Maybe it might become the norm in the next few years in the Pinball Industry. Almost everything else in life can be financed. Pinball should be right up there for those who wish to take advantage of a simple payment plan.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:

Got my breakdown from Origin today about how this tax is going to affect me... supply charge up by 50%.... cheap tarriff up by 50%... peak up by 15%. Next quarter of busines is going to be bad bad bad bad bad..., if you are unsure just how much things are going to cost, you dont spend.. its simple. Market has carbon tax jitters alright and quite rightly so... remember theres an increase in electricity cost to come yet also.

... oh and just to add rub salt into the wound.. the tax is subject to GST.. so tax on a tax..

... anyway, we digress.. so back on topic... those who can afford to RUN an ACDC pin might like to finance one.. yes?

get this, i currently pay $2500 a 1/4 on electricity another $2000 a 1/4 for Gass for my cafe lol.
got a letter from my gas and electricity company, about how my contract will change after july one. 30% increase in both, do the maths on how much my power and gas bill will be??? now im a small shop,
now i get a letter from coke saying those prices are changing after july,
i get a letter from our food supplyer saying my prices are going up, none are under 15% increase.
now how big of a hike is that??? all price increase is after july and all saying carbon tax. now labor say it costs the average family $3.30 a week extra in electricity based on a family using currently $350 a 1/4 bill.
 now that's fine because that doesn't seem much but wait how much is $3.30 over a 1/4? because you dont pay your bill weekly.
then the gov says that's ok because you get $220 a year in payouts. that will cover your power hike.
 but then you forget that hey whilest you are only paying $3.30 extra on electricity, the shop you are buying your food from is paying mega amounts more, so that price comes back to you.
then you forget every step of production your food has gone through to get into your fridge has been jacked up in price. so al the sudden you are paying a pile more.
just remember after the end of the next 1/4 when people know exactly how much this tax is going to cost them thats when you will see price hikes really coming. and see your cost of living going up. and then you will see some shops closing.
you also have to remember shops have to prepare them selves before policy is implemented shops cant just magically change to new system bang on the day it all changes.
whilest you as consumers dont know the prices after the carbon tax takes effect, the shops do.
because the big guys who supply us, have already costed it and sent us the letter saying the reason your contracted price isnt going to be same any more is because of the carbon price.
any changes to contracts they need to tell us in letter before hand.  there is no compensation for business from the gov and for that reason prices will be passed onto you as consumers.

as for loaning against capital, instead of spending your money. the failing to that is you still need the money to pay for it. not only that you pay more for it in the long run, not only that if you fail to pay for it you loose everything. Not only that this way of thinking is why the usa went through recession.

My way of thinking is if you pay for it you own it, and if you own it and go broke you still own it, and if you go broke you dont take some one elses money with you.
I recon if you walked into a room of millionaires and had only $1 in your bank and no debt you would be the richest guy in the room. to many people think how to gauge how rich you are is by how long your line of credit is.wrong

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
chosing to use credit is a personal choice, but almost every successful entrepreneur/high flyer out there will tell you it takes money to make money. credit used correctly can make alot of $$$.  Not using credit correctly will most definately cost anyone money.

there is nothing wrong with using credit to make money, almost every successful business in the world is using credit to increase profit dramatically. just dont follow the USA model ofcourse.lol

without credit, businesses would fail. credit can be a very good tool to dramatically increase profits.
also, end users like car buyers use credit everyday to get a brand new car with a affordable monthly payment. the key word is affordable, and there is always loan insurance due to changes in work.

$50 a week for a new pinny seems like a great option for alot of people, probably.  and yes, carbon tax will end up with a 25 percent increase in everything til the labour party is kicked out for the next 8 to 12 years. hoping for that for sure.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 01:18:45 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne

get this, i currently pay $2500 a 1/4 on electricity another $2000 a 1/4 for Gass for my cafe lol.
got a letter from my gas and electricity company, about how my contract will change after july one. 30% increase in both, do the maths on how much my power and gas bill will be??? now im a small shop,
now i get a letter from coke saying those prices are changing after july,
i get a letter from our food supplyer saying my prices are going up, none are under 15% increase.
now how big of a hike is that??? all price increase is after july and all saying carbon tax. now labor say it costs the average family $3.30 a week extra in electricity based on a family using currently $350 a 1/4 bill.
 now that's fine because that doesn't seem much but wait how much is $3.30 over a 1/4? because you dont pay your bill weekly.
then the gov says that's ok because you get $220 a year in payouts. that will cover your power hike.
 but then you forget that hey whilest you are only paying $3.30 extra on electricity, the shop you are buying your food from is paying mega amounts more, so that price comes back to you.
then you forget every step of production your food has gone through to get into your fridge has been jacked up in price. so al the sudden you are paying a pile more.
just remember after the end of the next 1/4 when people know exactly how much this tax is going to cost them thats when you will see price hikes really coming. and see your cost of living going up. and then you will see some shops closing.
you also have to remember shops have to prepare them selves before policy is implemented shops cant just magically change to new system bang on the day it all changes.
whilest you as consumers dont know the prices after the carbon tax takes effect, the shops do.
because the big guys who supply us, have already costed it and sent us the letter saying the reason your contracted price isnt going to be same any more is because of the carbon price.
any changes to contracts they need to tell us in letter before hand.  there is no compensation for business from the gov and for that reason prices will be passed onto you as consumers.

as for loaning against capital, instead of spending your money. the failing to that is you still need the money to pay for it. not only that you pay more for it in the long run, not only that if you fail to pay for it you loose everything. Not only that this way of thinking is why the usa went through recession.

My way of thinking is if you pay for it you own it, and if you own it and go broke you still own it, and if you go broke you dont take some one elses money with you.
I recon if you walked into a room of millionaires and had only $1 in your bank and no debt you would be the richest guy in the room. to many people think how to gauge how rich you are is by how long your line of credit is.wrong
Totally agree
I run a vending business and last week had to regas to compressors at $200 each as of 1 July it goes to $350
Coke and Schweppes both sent letters of price rises
Both these companies have 50000 vending machines plus 100000 + fridges in cafes etc and all need regassing WOW!
inflation will go through the roof in next 6 months as I will be increasing my prices as well!