Author Topic: White Water project  (Read 7848 times)

Offline andtan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
Re: White Water project
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2014, 12:46:23 PM »
Update.

Well the playfield is finally clear-coated - using KBS Clear. I used a roller, but for any future playfields I will look at spraying it. Whilst it looks and feels nice it isn't 100% perfect when compared to a reproduction WH20 (CarbonRods) playfield. When you run your fingers over the playfield you can feel the undulations, but they are not noticeable when a ball is running over the surface. Perhaps I'm being a bit fussy as it feels way smoother than an original playfield with Mylar.

I've just finished the blue top coat (2 coats) for the cabinet using automotive acrylic lacquer (thinned to 50%) and it looks great. I painted the main cabinet more for the practice and to see how it looked rather than for necessity. As I had a litre of paint it wasn't like I was going to waste it. Looking at the decal compared to the paint, it's not a bad match. I was told that it wasn't going to be possible to match the decal perfectly as the decal uses a sign-writers / printers type paint/ink and the brilliance is to hard to match. All in all I'm pretty happy with how it looks.  ^^^
Now I just have to let the paint cure - which will probably end up meaning I won't touch it till next weekend, and then I will tackle the decals.

In the meantime I will continue on with re-populating the playfield and adding to my growing list of odds and ends that I still need to buy. @.@

Cheers,

Andy