Author Topic: Sound problem on Black Pyramid  (Read 344 times)

Offline mgjock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Sound problem on Black Pyramid
« on: June 23, 2009, 12:07:19 AM »
Sound problem on Black Pyramid

Can anyone help me on how to repair or find out why the sound on my Black Pyramid isn't working?  Sounds of the pinabll works such as targets dropping, pop bumpers, bonus points, scoring all works. But the pinball used to have background music (sounds like a heart beat beating) in the background. The background music isn't working anymore. Could anyone tell me what might be the problem? is it a fuse? if so, which fuse? I don't have a manual for pinball and I don't really understnad the manuals? But with some help maybe someone could guide me in to why it doesn't work anymore?

Marty Machine

Re: Sound problem on Black Pyramid
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 12:12:06 AM »
Hmmm, quite possible it's just a setting in the setup menu??

I have a few old machines that have seperate 'sound FX' and 'background noises' which can be turned on/off in the menu's.
Someone out there will need to share the info from the manual, of which number/setting to look for.

just my 2c  #@#
MM.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 08:14:35 AM »
Does this have a Sqwawk and talk?? If so could be one of the pots on the sound board. There are 2 - 1 is for  loudness of occasional sound - targets etc, other is background. You could have a dead spot on the trim pot, give it a slight turn back and forth and see if the sound comes back again

Offline mgjock

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 10:46:19 PM »
what's a Sqwawk and talk

Does this have a Sqwawk and talk?? If so could be one of the pots on the sound board. There are 2 - 1 is for  loudness of occasional sound - targets etc, other is background. You could have a dead spot on the trim pot, give it a slight turn back and forth and see if the sound comes back again

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 11:00:58 PM »
Its the sound board on some bally machines - its in the header on the inside of the displays.. will also have a connector with only 2 wires going to it on bottom RHS ( i really should check before saying things like that!)