Author Topic: APR Update - 2015  (Read 14840 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: APR Update - 2015
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 09:35:24 AM »
Looks great Nino. A lot of work.

A quick question ! Do u have any lower back disc degeneration or pinched nerves or perforated discs or any back damage at all from the many years of moving around these heavy monsters. Any permanent or niggling hassles.
Need to take any meds etc.
I hurt myself moving apx 60 pins in a one day period a while back and really hurt L3 L4 L5 and take daily Tramadoll 200 mg to live without agony. Back operation sooner or later unfort.
Have you been injury free or have u been unlucky.
(I use all the professional moving equipment but sometimes some stairs means your arms and legs have to do the work)

Are you 100 percent or ??

I have three prolapsed disks which are considered "moderate" in medical terms. L3-L4,L4-L5, L5-S1, (from memory). Surgery ruled out due to risks. I used to take anti inflammatory meds so I could play cricket (10 years ago). I stopped taking them as "the day after" was crippling. These days - back strengthening exercises, and I was taught how to lift heavy items and mentally prepare the muscles for lifting. Sudden movement or lifting can be troublesome. The last time I really hurt my back was when I sneezed. The first two prolapsed disks were from moving machines (20 years ago) and the third was digging the clay out of the front garden when we built the house (15 years ago). I don't take anything these days, I manage my back through exercise and preparation. Since "retiring" from my desk job, my back has been 100%. I think the worse pain is the sciatica which can be a problem. I take Panadol Forte for pain management.

Moving machines in this process involved a trolley and lifting each head on it's body. I worked with a systematic approach and was able to finish the job without any niggles.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia