Author Topic: Solar electricity  (Read 8081 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Solar electricity
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 12:30:25 AM »

..... they really cocked it up with the high feedback tariffs... the 21% increase in QLD is to make up the shortfall by handing out 40c+ feedbacks.. crazy stuff and demonstrates just how incompetent our governments are

Every rebate/grant system introduced creates economic issues.

Until a year ago there were grants of $29,500.00 for building a first home in Victorian regional areas. So building prices skyrocket as demand increases, eating up the grants and more. Demand gets brought forward so that people who would have been buying/building over the next two or so years are able to get in with no deposit then....so now all the demand for the last year for first home builders has been non-existent. It will take another year or two for prices to reduce as competition for the remaining work increases.....in the meantime builders start to fail for lack of work.

I remember studying economics as part of my first degree (I was crap at it!) but these sort of things did stick in my mind, how grants and bonuses have short term benefits but always create longer term issues once they stop.
I failed economics once nearly cost me my degree. J curves G spots I thought they were all the same  !@#

Ah, good to know I'm not the only one!! Might have to start an "economics nearly did me in club" must be more of us out there.......
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”