Author Topic: The Addams Family High End Restoration  (Read 821 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: The Addams Family High End Restoration
« on: August 10, 2023, 05:42:37 PM »
I've had some issues with my hands over the last few years, so I had my son have a go at stripping several machines for me. All I did was take photos !

As part of every restoration, photos are the most important part of the documentation process - even after disassembling many Addams Family machines, it is still good practice and the first thing to teach someone starting out. Every mechanism and assembly must also be documented.

"The Thing" scoop has had a hard life and even after rewelding, it is going to be a problem. I don't bother TIG Welding these back together. A Mantis Scoop is a far better option.

After disassembly, all parts are placed in the Ultrasonic Cleaner for 30 minutes at 50C Degrees. They will now be replated (in house).

All the componentry is put aside, as the cabinet is the first item to re assemble. Tim at "Hot Rodded Pins" re-decaled the cabinet some time ago, and the customer sent me the "bling" items - and when I say "bling", it is ultra BLING..

It was really hard to take photos of the legs. They look incredible in person, but very difficult to capture in a photo.

Next we have the Mirror blades, Playfield Glass Slide, Siderails and lock down bar test fitted. The Lockdown Bar reciever will be a new part - you cannot simply polish the old one. This game screams for everything to be perfect !

All black cabinet bolts were painted a gloss black - it looks HEAPS better than just the standard. The Steel ones are buffed.

The Shooter Rod is incredible. Just amazing finish ! Even the Black bolts create a contrast on the bling of that knob  #@#

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia