Author Topic: The Addams Family High End Restoration  (Read 814 times)

Online Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: The Addams Family High End Restoration
« on: August 10, 2023, 05:58:37 PM »
All the internals are Zinc Plated and then polished. New Ground Braid is added, and I don't usually follow the original design, I try to make it a bit neater if possible.

The boards are all cleaned in the Ultrasonic Cleaner with a special solution for PCBs. I usually do 4-5 machines worth of boards in one hit as the solution is only good for Boards and is EXPENSIVE. But old boards clean up incredibly well.

The Pinsound Board is installed with the rest of the boards so I can correctly run the wiring looms. All the looms have gone through the Ultrasonic. The burnt connectors etc will be replaced at a later date.

Speaker in installed in the lower cabinet. The Speaker Panel has a scratch and a tiny hole that is unacceptable. Thankfully, they have been reproduced overseas, and are available after being unavailable for a LONG time. So they are on their way. When they arrive, I will complete the headbox / Pinsound installation. Transformer has been cleaned and other internal parts added ;

Lockdown bar is just so bright ! Added Beer Seal and test fitted so I can adjust the reciever.

The Door is simply stunning. Came with mounting bolts to match.

More parts installed and I'm almost done with the cabinet. Topper will not be installed until the end as the game won't fit through dooways while moving it around.

The Legbolts are shop bolts for now as I don't want to mess with them until the restoration is almost done. But they are also highly chromed and polished. This front door, lockdown bar and Shooter assembly are just on another level !

The machine is put aside while I wait for more parts to arrive for the playfield - Then I move on the playfield which will look amazing ! Yes - This project is "up to date" and I will be updating it regularly instead of once a decade..

^&^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia