Author Topic: Virtual Pinball - the way of the future or blasphemy?  (Read 622 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
I suppose if you want to see how a game plays then it's ok, then again you could just look on youtube instead. Doesn't grab me enough to want to play. Seems a bit sterile and a bit off. "like a wrong sounding muppet post Jim Henson" (Stewie Griffin).

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Me likey very much  #*# I neither have the room nor the $$$ to buy EVERY pinball I ever wanted .
BUT , thanks to some passionate and dedicated pinball lovers , they put this in a medium accessible to everyone at a reasonable cost .
It will NEVER be the same as the real deal and I don't think it pretends to be , though it has a bloody good go at it .
The NEW pinball arcade game by far sight seems to be getting rave reviews and the long term plan is to bring back some nostalgia from days gone by and most importantly introduce real fun to the brain dead generation (the ones who think shooting games are the be all and end all )
Applauses all round for me .  #*#
Change is inevitable and I welcome it
Better go and have a game of the real thing now hey ? Giiligan's Island hear I come - woo hoo  $#$
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline raresaturn

• Forum Posts:
Aliens looks sweet, would be great as a real machine

Offline jeremy

• Forum Posts:
I've been planning to make a post in the Introduce Yourself section about my recent rediscovery of "real life pinball" (and subsequent descent into madness), but just thought I'd mention here that I place sole blame on Future Pinball for reigniting my dormant pinball addiction.

Until recently it had probably been about 18 years since I played a physical pinball machine, though I did play pinball video games on and off (Pro Pinball mainly, and more recently Zen Pinball).  About a month ago I stumbled across Virtual Pinball, and then Future Pinball.  I played a couple of recreations of some of the tables I remembered and some of the original tables people have created, then found this interesting looking one called Medieval Madness.  I was impressed with the whole moat/drawbridge/castle concept and was thinking "why don't they make real pinball machines with such cool features"...  so naturally when I realised this was a real machine MY BRAIN EXPLODED!

I've since been devouring all the pinball info I can find, touring the local pubs checking out what machines are around, and working out which bits of furniture I'd need to throw out to fit a machine in my apartment!

Thank you Future Pinball!  ^^^

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Welcome Jeremy...

Youd be suprised just how much furniture is unnecessary when it comes to slotting a pinball in the room... family pictures can go on the top and theres a convenient storage space underneath

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
New development in VP - real DMD can now be integrated into a VP cabinet.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

For modern games, especially DMD's with lots of sound and light shows, I find it to me a useful gauge of the theme of a game, but completely useless at giving anything of the feel of the game.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Tricky little Hobbits

I notice that the people at vpfourms.org have already slapped together their version of WoZ