Author Topic: Getaway: The restoration (of sorts)  (Read 5598 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Getaway: The restoration (of sorts)
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 09:09:32 PM »

Looking great, Marty - I LOVE your attention to detail - you can see the pride and passion in your work. That SECOND picture of the playfield looks like and album cover from the 70's - Very "Tron" like with the beams of light leaving the playfield like something out of Star Trek.

You are really "going to town" on this game. Looking forward to more updates.

$#$

Thanks Nino,

Only learning from the best here!

I'm very happy with the way the playfield has come up.  It has a really great shine and no carnauba wax on her yet either...The colours came up really vibrant and the whites are a true white...I'm not sure what Allen has put in his cleaners, but it definately gets the thumbs up from me.  I will give it a run on the Police Force (dull mylar) which will be a really good test (but not until the new ramps are ready)...

I'm tossing up another option re the cab at the moment...Not too sure which way to go as yet...

Lots of metal re-graining to go....

I'm resleaving every coil.  It looks like Mark and his team replaced the coils on the bumpers and the underside is probably the cleanest machine I've ever owned.  I'm not sure whether Duckman went to town on it earlier or if the pinball gods just smiled on me this time!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 09:34:22 PM by MartyJ »