Author Topic: Stern Announces - Game Of Thrones  (Read 27009 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern Announces - Game Of Thrones
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2015, 03:42:58 PM »
Well. Andypinboy and Pinsanitys last posts I have to agree with.
It's a Guiness World record moment being the first time ever but they are correct.

Stern does need people to professionally critique games.
A hater just bags but a professional critic offers a list of problems then a list of suggested fixes.

I know a lot about pinball but not enough on the critique side of things other than just to say the LE artwork on everything is barely good enough to make it to PRO model level and the current Pro model artwork on everything just isn't good enough to be called satisfactory or up to par.

Personally, I reckon Stern shld scrap both models full artwork n start again.
I think that talented pinball enthusiasts who can use photoshop could send in versions of what they think the Game of Thrones translite a n cabinet art shld look like and we would have a better outcome.

When u sit the last ten titles all side by side and look at the overall packages, they flow well and impress, but at the end of the line we have GOT and it doesn't look like the same company even designed it.
And admittedly, the playfield art is very very hard to get used to cause it instantly makes u scratch your head, well it did in my case.

If Sterns biggest fan (me) thinks the entire GOT packages are no where near visually good enough, then it's hard to see who is going to like it ?

The other thing that sucks the life out of you right now is our terrible Aussie dollar compared to the greenback $.

Just when the world of pinball is ramping right up and there are so many great titles to chose from, our Aussie dollar takes it in the ass big time which is just a real bummer, pardon the pun.

In a perfect world, GOT will get pulled, fully reworked, the Aussie dollar will climb like a missile and we can all enjoy better priced brand new pinball imports. How is JJP and Heighway Pinball going to survive when their cheapest machines are close to $11,500 plus plus.

Surely they won't be able to compete with Stern.
After all the great work Stern did getting a new factory and doing Vault editions n KISS n TWDead plus more runs of Star Trek etc etc, they go and release GOT in a package that begs belief.
Just when I thought things were finally turning same in the pinball industry, it all goes back to the head scratch days.

If anyone hears of any GOT artwork or package changes, I would love to see it get posted on here.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !