Author Topic: Stern Announces - Game Of Thrones  (Read 26371 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern Announces - Game Of Thrones
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2015, 03:36:33 PM »
Geez that dude talking constantly through the video is annoying-looks ok just wish the dragon moved abit more.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Stern Announces - Game Of Thrones
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2015, 03:39:29 PM »
Geez that dude talking constantly through the video is annoying-looks ok just wish the dragon moved abit more.

pretty sure that is Jody Dankerberg
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2015, 03:53:17 PM »

+1.

I'm jumping through the vidcast at random trying to find a spot where they actually shut up for more than 30 seconds so we can hear a decent sample of the game audio with no irrelevant commentary drowning it out.

The fact that Stern's marketing manager is right there urging him on to keep talking drivel doesn't help.

Seriously you nobs are there to sell the pin, not yourselves!

The fact that he has chosen to structure a two hour vidcast talking about random garbage over the top of their latest offering rather than talking about the features and benefits of the game itself (Marketing 101) speaks volumes.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 04:49:26 PM by pinsanity »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2015, 04:27:17 PM »

+1.

I'm jumping through the vidcast at random trying to find a spot where they actually shut up for more than 30 seconds so we can hear a decent sample of the game audio with no irrelevant commentary drowning it out.

The fact that Stern's marketing manager is right there urging him on to keep talking drivel doesn't help.

Seriously you nobs you are there to sell the pin, not yourselves!

The fact that he has chosen to structure a two hour vidcast talking about random garbage over the top of their latest offering rather than talking about the features and benefits of the game itself (Marketing 101) speaks volumes.

yes not a fan of Jody, and not a smart move on Stern's behalf when the game has already copped so much negativity - you got to wonder what Steve Ritchie was thinking at some of those times when Jody was carrying on, even live twitch watchers were saying to shut up.....

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2015, 05:09:49 PM »
My initial dislike of this title is changing slowly.
Had some High definition photos sent to me from the USA and the game looked 5 times better than the low res photos floating around on Stern and various social media sites.

It's good Stern are happily taking on board feedback and are making some changes.
Apparently the Premium is going to be very different again but shld be more attractive.
The high res photos I got of the LE game and it's back glass were amazing. You could really see the detail.

The translite on the Pro was good as well but the content was still a bit boring.
The content on the Pro,s artwork just seemed rushed.

Can't wait to see this title in person.
Thanks for sharing the various links above guys.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 05:11:20 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2015, 05:38:28 PM »
My initial dislike of this title is changing slowly.
Had some High definition photos sent to me from the USA and the game looked 5 times better than the low res photos floating around on Stern and various social media sites.

It's good Stern are happily taking on board feedback and are making some changes.
Apparently the Premium is going to be very different again but shld be more attractive.
The high res photos I got of the LE game and it's back glass were amazing. You could really see the detail.

The translite on the Pro was good as well but the content was still a bit boring.
The content on the Pro,s artwork just seemed rushed.

Can't wait to see this title in person.
Thanks for sharing the various links above guys.

Cavey, any chance of sharing the pics, or is Stern still keeping them under wraps?
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern Announces - Game Of Thrones
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2015, 06:05:20 PM »

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2015, 08:33:18 PM »
Ironman was said to play like an EM when it came out.  Years later it became a vault edition.  Maybe we got it wrong here? !@)

Offline skywalker

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2015, 10:42:01 PM »
Honestly will have to wait for a prem to be announced 1st before making a comitment, So far the pro looks Avg IMO

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2015, 09:21:34 AM »
Honestly will have to wait for a prem to be announced 1st before making a comitment, So far the pro looks Avg IMO

It looks damn easy to play, that's for sure... it looks ridiculously easy to backhand those ramps.
I doubt it will stand up to decent players, I am confident a decent player or better will tear this game apart.
I predict some huge scores and long ball times on this plank when it lands.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 09:28:05 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2015, 10:11:37 AM »
I'll never get back that 2 minutes of rubbish. Hopefully Stern remove that crap. That's how you "don't sell pinball". Particularly embarrassing that the player was carrying on a conversation about being Jewish with the other moron, while not looking at the playfield.

Very bad publicity.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2015, 05:08:30 AM »
the file size seems to big to upload the photos so I am unsure how to get past that.
However, only some of the photos are on Facebook and really have to be viewed on a large desktop to see the clarity and great size cause a normal size or even bigger I.phone screen doesn't do the game justice.

It wasn't til I revisited all the photos on a proper computer screen that I really changed my mind about most of the artwork. The original photos of GOT were just low res and crappy. It's still a very unusual playfield art wise to get your head around but it is growing on me.

Just have to see this game in person now cause it will probably be sooo much better than the photos.
Unusual that we are not seeing the Stern colour brochure yet for the LE and Pro, unless I have missed them.
Anyone seen or got a link to Stern game colour sales brochures. ?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 05:13:19 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2015, 07:50:35 AM »
haven't seen a brochure but I think that Stern may have gone from bad to worse having Jody talking crap as in the US so many people can't believe the way he acted

many people comparing it to a worse than stripped down IM, as at least IM has some magnets, spinners,kickback and a pop up bash toy - GOT just has some targets a physical ball lock that doesn't greatly change the gameplay and a lockdown button for buying gold which could be a nice new game feature.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2015, 02:03:23 PM »
swinks is spot on.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 02:11:52 PM by pinsanity »

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2015, 04:05:26 PM »
Cavey, any chance of sharing the pics, or is Stern still keeping them under wraps?

Now you can see why no one else bothers to ask, mate.  *%*

Anyway crisis deflected and topic diverted onto the sales brochures.....