Author Topic: Yahoo I've just got Development Approval to build my shed!  (Read 1098 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Thanks Nino

The size, well this has been one of the difficulties getting DA approval, I'm only on a 700m² block and have a large lowset house on the site, so I was limited to were I could build this shed. Then a few weeks ago the council advised me that I have a sewer main running along the rear boundary of my site, and there was NO way they would approve it if I built over this, and I have to be 4.5mtrs off the rear boundary in case this sewar main ever gets blocked!!

This effectively means I can only build upto 4.5mtrs off the rear boundary over entire width of my lot, and therefore I loose development of 90m² of my land!!! NOT HAPPY. ^.^

I have a 4m strip of land down one side of the house that is now my only option to build on so to answer your question my shed is going to be 3.0mtrs wide by 9.0mtrs long by 2.4 mtrs high (area 27.5m²).

This should be enough room to run a line of 7 - 8 pins on one side + 5 - 6 video games along the other 9mtr wall, with the Bundy bar situated at the end. 

Would have loved to build bigger  !!!, but never mind at least I'll have a my own area to house my coin-op collection.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.