Author Topic: State of Origin series 2012  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: State of Origin series 2012
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2012, 08:43:19 AM »
Great win from the Blues, well played.
Some sloppy handling from the maroons but Qld did very well to keep the margin to 4 points and in the end it could have gone either way.
Lets hope the decider in 3 weeks time is as good a spectacle as this game was.

An 'OK' win by the Blues.
Our halves were VERY average - Carney made ONE break against a shortened side- did nothing else.

But truly - I reckon Mitchell Pearce kicks about as good as my nana.
The guy IS USELESS, and always has been in S.O.O matches.
Only in the team because of Daddy  #@#

EVERY SINGLE KICK down Slaters throat for starters and the MAIN reason they scored to come back from 16-6 was that Pearce put ANOTHER sh#t kick down field , straigtht to Slater and thier first tackle was on around the 40mtr line - from THAT they got 3 or 4 sets of 6 in a row - and scored  ^.^
DW Drums rule !

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2012, 09:06:25 AM »
I don't want to say anything about the opposition players or the refs. The result is on the board and in the papers etc and thats all that matters.
Qld were at about 70%, come 3 weeks time they will be at close to 100% and the Blues will have to play a lot better than they did last night( if they can) to roll us at home.
Bring it on...I can't wait.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2012, 08:31:21 PM »
In the end, QLD dropped too much ball.

Cronk's absence showed how good a defender he is in the middle of the ruck, without him it was like the Red Sea parting for Moses.

There were some unlucky calls against QLD but if you are good enough you will win anyway, and they nearly were, but they dropped too much ball.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2012, 08:49:26 PM »
In the end, QLD dropped too much ball.

Cronk's absence showed how good a defender he is in the middle of the ruck, without him it was like the Red Sea parting for Moses.

There were some unlucky calls against QLD but if you are good enough you will win anyway, and they nearly were, but they dropped too much ball.

+1 Mate, spot on! Far too much dropped ball and at very crucial moments as well, that is what cost the qlder's the win.
How good was Cronk, when he came back on after the sin-bin, wow...that chase to pin the blues back in the ingoal was inspirational but then again he would have wanted to make a big play after his indiscretion. His defence is outstanding for a 7, right up there with Wallace...they are the best defending halfbacks in the game.
He also made the first clean linebreak of the game as well very early doors and it is only that he wasn't backed up as well as he could have been or the qldérs would have been in right under the sticks.
Big credit must go to the blues though in thier mongrel, they had the plan and executed it well but I do agree with watto re- Carney and Pearce, after all the swing in the first half to the blues they should have been somewhere around 18-0 up. They need to improve...Carney must run at the line more and one of them must decide who is kicking and who is playmaking.. they look too disjointed.
It was almost old school origin in it's intensity and a very enjoyable game...even when Qld loose, I love a good game of footy.
Suncorp is going to go mental on July 4th for game 3..just happens to be my youngest sons b/day as well.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 09:13:03 PM by Cow Corner »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2012, 07:42:37 PM »
Game 3....3 sleeps to go!!
Queenslander!!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2012, 07:50:32 PM »
Are u going to the game Daz ?    !@#    Is it up here this time or in NSW ?   !@#

I want NSW to win only cause it has been a series white wash for too long.

It should be a cracker of a game ! I will be happy no matter who wins, I hope the game is very close til the last minute of play.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2012, 07:55:42 PM »
Are u going to the game Daz ?    !@#    Is it up here this time or in NSW ?   !@#

I want NSW to win only cause it has been a series white wash for too long.

It should be a cracker of a game ! I will be happy no matter who wins, I hope the game is very close til the last minute of play.

It will be close I feel you are right there, my gut tells my it's NSW time and that is comming from a dyed in the wool qlder but there is still 80mins to go.
It will be a beauty, hopefully one of the greats regardless of the winner.
I never miss a game at Suncorp if I can avoid it.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2012, 07:58:51 PM »
Excellent. Once upon a time, didnt they call the QLD home ground "The Cauldron". A place people wearing NSW jerseys used to fear treading. lol

Yep, will hopefully be a very close game.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2012, 10:23:26 AM »
1 More sleep!!!
 #*#

Offline XTHOMMOX

• Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast NSW
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »
Beating QLD in QLD when that match is a decider! mmmmm. Me thinks that'll be very difficult but all the sweeter if we do win.  $#$

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2012, 08:22:44 PM »
GO QLD!!!!!!!! $#$
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2012, 08:39:50 PM »
Beating QLD in QLD when that match is a decider! mmmmm. Me thinks that'll be very difficult but all the sweeter if we do win.  $#$

Nothing better than being in emeny territory for a decider or a 3 nil whitewash.
I have been in Syd for both experiences.
QUEENSLANDER!!!

Offline XTHOMMOX

• Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast NSW
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2012, 09:21:06 PM »
White washes dont count as its already over when we go north or you come south for the third game! This one is a bit different I think. Still cant see the Blues winning, but for a change they look a bit better and actually HAVE a chance (albeit slim). I read that the blues are favourites from the punters. Big money being dropped on them to win allegedly. ^^^

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2012, 09:31:59 PM »
White washes dont count as its already over when we go north or you come south for the third game! This one is a bit different I think. Still cant see the Blues winning, but for a change they look a bit better and actually HAVE a chance (albeit slim). I read that the blues are favourites from the punters. Big money being dropped on them to win allegedly. ^^^

White washes don't count...yeah righ,...tell that to the nsw 2000 side when nsw flogged qld to win 3nil by a country mile and their fans, I was there that night and it was hell, imagine being there in a qld jeresy, we were already 2-0 down!!
Funny thing though...ten years later almost to the day in 2010, I am sitting in nearly the same seat in the same stadium with the same blues mates of mine from 10 yrs before watching the mighty maroons win 3nil. I love Rugby Leauge!!
QUEENSLANDER!!!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2012, 09:40:16 PM »

I think most punters south of the border and many north have taken the sportsbet 3/1 on the blues, that is the best price you will get on them but unfortunately it is only for a $100max bet.
I reckon this will be one of the best origins played.