Author Topic: Avengers NIB or Spiderman  (Read 2084 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Avengers NIB or Spiderman
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 07:27:59 PM »
Spiderman is one of the last good (and full featured) pins from Stern before they went into 3 years of cost cutting mode.

I would be going the Spiderman on the basis it more than likely won't be run again, and it will hold its value in the medium term.

5-6 tops for the SM, by the way.

8950 for the blue Avengers LE which apparently drops to 6400 two weeks after you take it out of the box.

Says a lot doesnt it.... People WANT Spiderman ... not so AVENGERS LE. Im not sure that a standard AVENGERS would suffer quite a price drop though.. pretty sure they would hold their value better. The price on the LE i feel is more a reflection of the extra $2K or so not being worth it

Time will tell I guess, but I think Stern have milked that superhero teat once too often in such a short period of time and the cash cow is beginning to sour.

Time for a non-licenced theme..... :D

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 07:33:42 PM »
I said unusual circumstances for the Avenger LE Ebay auction, because I have never seen someone selling a 2 week old game, with only 20 games on it, with a very non detailed reason with a 7 day auction from memory starting at 99 cents. Very unusual IMO.

Yes, a non licenced theme would be interesting for sure from Stern, but will it happen ?
Anything zombie is flavour of the month, but if they diod zombie it would be the walking dead.

Back to spiderman, has anyone got one the member can play before he plays an Avengers ? !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 07:34:30 PM »
LOL- my "ignore" just dropped to 1 again...LOL

Offline Ant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 07:53:02 PM »
Yes it looks like I do have to play them. I will have to try and get to AMD so I can play the Avengers but I don't want to go in there and just play it then say "thanks,bye". I feel really bad to do that and then not buy it.

I hope I can get to play spiderman first. #@#
Looking for The Simpsons Pinball Party and Dungeons and Dragons.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 07:54:40 PM »
Yes it looks like I do have to play them. I will have to try and get to AMD so I can play the Avengers but I don't want to go in there and just play it then say "thanks,bye". I feel really bad to do that and then not buy it.

Dont feel obliged to buy mate.. its what they are there for.. so you can make a decision.
Go right ahead and scratch that itch..

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 08:00:13 PM »

Bruce from AMD wont mind one bit if u go in and play any machine, and then dont buy straight away, or just play to make a decision for later etc.
I have visited the AMD guys multiple times and they wiill treat u very well.
Just call to make sure he has a Avengers still on the floor, cause all but one Avengers LE, have all sold out, and the next brand new in box machines are due at the start of May, being Avenger Pros, followed by Avenger Premiums in the start of June. See what Avengers anything he has in there right now by dropping him a quick email.

bcolbourne@amdcoinop.com

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Ant

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 08:17:52 PM »
So a SM for about 6.5k is to much?
I don't want to push to with the price because I would like to buy more machines from them later down the track.
Looking for The Simpsons Pinball Party and Dungeons and Dragons.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 08:19:23 PM »
I don't want to push to with the price because I would like to buy more machines from them later down the track.

1500 to 2000 too much IMO

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 08:40:22 PM »

Yes.

Low 5's would be ideal, anything under 5k and you might be searching for one for a while (or it will have cab damage/Doc Ock magnet wear.)

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 08:44:14 PM »

I think 6.5k is too much, but it seems to be the magical price most sellers are asking.

AMD had a SM advertised last week for $5200. I missed out on it.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 09:17:05 PM »
The Avengers LE machine had either 15 or 25 plays on it.  The seller loved the look of the game but didn't like gameplay at all.  He has a wedding coming up very shortly and decided to sell his BIBLE and Avengers LE to help pay for the wedding.  Both would have been really nice machines to buy.

Addicted to pins.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 11:36:12 PM »
SM is a great game and theme but I've never played avengers! There's a huge choice out there good luck mate.
Trons another great game it's nearly the best game I've owned this title is special.

Peter

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 11:48:50 PM »
The Avengers LE machine had either 15 or 25 plays on it.  The seller loved the look of the game but didn't like gameplay at all.  He has a wedding coming up very shortly and decided to sell his BIBLE and Avengers LE to help pay for the wedding.  Both would have been really nice machines to buy.

You have got to laugh! The guy is selling 2 LEs to help pay for a wedding where other guys keep buying pins with a constant threat of divorce from the missus.
Go figure!
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2013, 01:57:07 PM »

You have got to laugh! The guy is selling 2 LEs to help pay for a wedding where other guys keep buying pins with a constant threat of divorce from the missus.
Go figure!

%.% Now that's funny!
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2013, 04:15:28 PM »

Go figure!

To true lol