Author Topic: SLACK transport company  (Read 1096 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
SLACK transport company
« on: March 26, 2009, 12:08:08 PM »
Hi guys.
I am not a happy chappy.
my pin was dropped off at the melb transport depo last friday and it still hasn't left yet.(thurs)
i was told by the transport company the latest it would be here was thursday or worst case friday.
i rang them this morning and they now tell me next monday, it still hasn't been put on the truck yet.
how slack is that.
sorry but i think taking a week to load it on a truck is a bit long.
******* and his boys busted there arses to get it out the same day i paid for it.(great job as usual from these guys)
when i rang brisbane last tuesday i told them it was dropped off last friday and there coment was i think the person who told you it was dropped off was lying.
so i rang melb depot to confirm this but they told me it was dropped off at the melbourne depot on friday.
how low is that, trying to blame our great pin dealer for there incompetence.

has anyone else had great delays in getting there pins shipped?
if so let me know your story.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 03:37:57 PM by Beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline dj10555

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: SLACK transport company
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 01:47:29 PM »
I have had problems with shipping a few arcade games. Organized one pickup and provided the dimensions and weight of the game. The driver turns up and decides its too big for his trolley and needs to go on a pallet. Another call to the company, and they deliver/supply a pallet (for additional cost). The owner then has to put the game on the pallet himself and organize another day for the shipping company to make a 3rd trip to collect it using a pallet jack, once the game was collected it was delivered fairly quick.

Next time, I organized a pallet before hand thinking this will help. Game is strapped to the pallet by owner ready for collection. One driver and a ute turn up to collect the game. Could not pick the game up and so has to organize another truck to collect the game. More delays.

The last time I have used Aladdin's to pickup a game. Absolutely no problems at all. They always use 2 men for every pickup. Game was picked up, blanket wrapped and delivered in a few days. Great work.

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 01:50:10 PM »
I hate it when a simple plan falls to pieces !!

I'm assuming this is some 'other' machine? i thought you received your SOF already? or was i mistaken.

MM.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »

I'm not really a fan of "depot to depot" transport. Seems there are plenty of stories of finger pointing.

I've used aladdin's and there were very careful with my games as as Derek explained, they have 2 men per truck and blanket wrap the games. The owner of Aladdins, Garry, has a pinball collection of his own - so he knows the stress we go through to transport our games.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 02:47:06 PM »
this is another one, the sof left friday and arrived monday, it was nice and quick.
when i asked them if a pin is dropped off in melb on friday will it get to qld monday. they replied  that would be impossible, then i told them that just the friday before that my other pin was dropped off at melb and arrived in qld monday. the phone then went quiet for about 5 sec while he was wondering ho to answer that. !@# *!@
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 02:57:04 PM by Beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 03:16:39 PM »
Ive used alladdins before and always got good feedback form the receiving end. ANother Mob ive used was irvine Moving and storage who were also great

Offline Geoffh

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne Vic
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 03:20:20 PM »
Trying to get to the bottom of this and will contact you later beaky.

We have used the same transport company for quite awhile and have had very few hiccups.

We ship a lot of machines with them.

my apologies for the delay and i will find out why this has been screwed up

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 03:34:36 PM »
Trying to get to the bottom of this and will contact you later beaky.

We have used the same transport company for quite awhile and have had very few hiccups.

We ship a lot of machines with them.

my apologies for the delay and i will find out why this has been screwed up

no offence to you guys. you have been excelent.
they told me they couldn't fit it on without damaging it.
thanks but it probably wont make a difference as they said it will be here monday.
just a bit worried though, one of my mates had a similar problem, when he complained about his pin turned up but some pieces were misssing.
it wasn't bought from u guys.
the parts that went missing were the lockdown bar, the pf glass and the back glass.
he ended up selling it because he couldn't get another backglass for it. (he's not very patient)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 03:45:02 PM by Beaky »

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 04:00:35 PM »
Maybe they just love playing pin and cant stand to see it go...If it gets delivered and the High Score initials match that of the guy delivering it you know whats happened :lol
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Geoffh

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne Vic
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 04:04:23 PM »
Hope the Pm explained what happened beaky

If all the "parts" don't arrive let us know but I am pretty confident nothing will go missing

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 05:08:50 PM »
yep read the pm
you know how it is, you hear these horror stories. and it plays on the mind while you are waiting for it to turn up.
I mean who knows the back glass and translite might not turn up. <.> <.> <.> <.>
thanks again.
a professional approach from you guys, as always.

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 05:15:55 PM »
Maybe they just love playing pin and cant stand to see it go...If it gets delivered and the High Score initials match that of the guy delivering it you know whats happened :lol

hopefully they can't find the keys and its not set to freeplay.
and there are coin mechs in it, i might get a nice gold coin suprise ^^^ (i wish)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 06:35:28 PM »
Ive got my fingers crossed for ya beaky

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 06:55:19 PM »
I'm guessing it's a Pinbot.

Hope it gets there soon.

Offline arcadoz

• Forum Posts:
  • Country SA
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 10:22:43 PM »
Here's a horror story that still gives me nightmares involving an EM arcade (sorry not a pinball) I bought from WA.
Seller informs me machine will be here in (SA) seven days. No show after eight days.
Rang seller, he's sorry, he's been sick and has only just sent it.
No show again after a week. Rang seller again, definitely sent last week, "wait a couple of days to go through the system".
A couple of days later rang seller, who has lost interest and gives me freight note of transport co..
Ring transport co (WA) who tell me the paperwork went with machine to Adelaide and havn't received it back yet- ring Adelaide.
Rang Adelaide who tell me machine was picked up by unidentified courier a week ago. Have to ring WA because they handle the transport all the way through including the couriers at Adelaide.
Rang WA but because the paperwork is lost and they use many couriers they have no idea who picked it up.
At this point, I'll admit girl at WA was very helpful in trying to track this down and was in contact with Adelaide.
I emailed Adelaide and informed them that since the machine disappeared from their depot, I considered it stolen and would inform the police.
Prompt email back from manager, who has asked all employees for description of courier, apparently plain white traytop and emails me a copy of the freightnote which has nothing filled out except signature of courier.
First breakthrough! The couriers' signature is full and legible.
Rang many courier cos. in Adelaide, no one has heard of this person.
Second breakthrough! looked up white pages and found only one entry with initial and surname.
Rang him, he remembers picking it up and transferring it to a riverland transport co.
Rang co., number disconnected, apparently moving premises.
Rang WA and nice girl knows this co. and has personal mobile no. of manager.
Rang manager who was waterskiing at the time, can pick up machine tomorrow!
Manager excuses:
(this was supposed to be door to door)
Couldn't drop it off at the pickup point ( servo about 5Ks away)because the forklift was broken. Total crap.
Couldn't deliver it because there was no paperwork. FFS, my full name and address was plastered on two sides of the machine on A4 paper!
He has had the machine for almost eight weeks.
This epic took almost ten weeks because of christmas/newyear break and "I will get back to you" syndrome.
Took it home finally after breaking the pallet apart to remove the accelerator which had been bent and jammed down in the pallet.
Fresh bits of laminate had been knocked off and one of the glass discs inside was lying in pieces.

Bit more relaxed now after ordering a machine from Mark and another- both machines arrived quickly and in good condition!.

EM score motors wanted- nonworking, broken, burnt, etc..