Author Topic: AC/DC Prices  (Read 1161 times)

Offline ghali

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Kingsbury VIC
AC/DC Prices
« on: November 29, 2012, 07:32:50 AM »
I had phone call on the way to work yesterday from one of the fitters. (Whom I don't know)  He's was asking if I'd be interested in buying his AC/DC machine, only about half a dozen games played on it! 

Can someone advise me on what the Australian price was/is for a NIB unit?

I mentioned this to one of the fitters that I do know because I was wondering why he'd be selling it after approx 6 games.  He told me that he'd actually won it in a radio station competition. Clearly & sadly, he's not a pinball man.
I'm going to look at it sometime in the next few days and have a chat with him, see what he wants for it and make him an offer, funds dependent.
VUK you!

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: AC/DC Prices
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 07:43:30 AM »
$5950 is the retail prize, what's he offering?

http://www.amdcoinop.com/Pinballs.htm
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 07:44:53 AM »
That might have been the prize given by MMM radio station, in which case it was the Pro. Looking at $5920 for NIB.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 08:01:57 AM »
I paid $5950 brand new in box plus a shaker motor which was $180 (I self fitted that and it was placed inside the box for me to do myself otherwise u pay an extra $40 or so from memory if AMD fit it), then u pay for delivery....u might be lucky n find it might have had a shaker motor fitted ??  who knows...would be a bonus...and u will save apx $180 delivery as well...

either way, offer him $5000 cash...since he did win it...and its technically second hand...also, get the Stern box if u can..it helps later to sell with the new box which alot of buyers like to keep...note - no one has sold a second hand AC/DC Pro anywhere that I know of in Australia...everyone has kept them....so its a test case so to speak to see what u can get it for...good luck...
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ghali

• Forum Posts:
  • Kingsbury VIC
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 10:56:59 AM »
Thanks all.  I'll let ya's know how it goes.

I think he's asking 5k-ish, so I'm thinking I'll start at 4k and see how we go from there.  He did win it afterall.
If I wanted one enough to pay 5, I probably would've bought a new one for 6.  But at 4, I know I'd regret not taking it.  Either way, with christmas and car rego both less than a month away, it's a lotta dough to come up with.

That might have been the prize given by MMM radio station, in which case it was the Pro. Looking at $5920 for NIB.

It was indeed from MMM

VUK you!

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 11:03:29 AM »
Check if Slash scribbled on it during play.....never know the thing might be worth a few bob more than standard Pro.
Your starting price offer of 4K is good.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 11:53:13 AM »
Check if Slash scribbled on it during play.....never know the thing might be worth a few bob more than standard Pro.
Your starting price offer of 4K is good.

Price might drop if Slash signed an AC/DC lol better on a GnR ^^^

Peter

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 12:05:17 PM »
Not 100% sure on this but i also believe the machine they gave away was being played by everyone and anyone at MMM (if it is that one) during the length of the comp.

I would ask if he got it new in box, and not just the pinball itself as it may have had alot more than a few games. Again if this is the MMM one.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 02:48:55 PM »
$5k is a fair price  ^^^

There was a AC DC pro model sold a few months back (in VIC) for $5k, however it was purchased by an operator and sited into a pub.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 03:03:37 PM »
There was a Pro sold at the start of the year for $5k in SA.

It had been taken out of the box and sat in the showroom of a dealers for 4 weeks after it arrived virtually unplayed and as new out of the box.

Once it's out of the box it will drop $1k.
Once it has been played it is officially second hand and will fall into the 4-5 range.

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 02:13:21 PM »
Not 100% sure on this but i also believe the machine they gave away was being played by everyone and anyone at MMM (if it is that one) during the length of the comp.

I would ask if he got it new in box, and not just the pinball itself as it may have had alot more than a few games. Again if this is the MMM one.
This is correct. If it was the one MMM gave away it was played by anyone and everyone prior to being given away.

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 02:28:39 PM »
There was a Pro sold at the start of the year for $5k in SA.

It had been taken out of the box and sat in the showroom of a dealers for 4 weeks after it arrived virtually unplayed and as new out of the box.

Once it's out of the box it will drop $1k.
Once it has been played it is officially second hand and will fall into the 4-5 range.

This the one I was thinking of...sorry not in vic but sa
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 08:02:55 PM »
I played a 2nd hand AC DC LTBR #75 two weekends ago at the AMD qld meet. For sale asking $12,500  #@#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 08:18:55 PM »
I played a 2nd hand AC DC LTBR #75 two weekends ago at the AMD qld meet. For sale asking $12,500  #@#

%.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.%   @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@ @.@   *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.*