Author Topic: AC/DC Prices  (Read 1159 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: AC/DC Prices
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 04:53:52 PM »
Hope my highest scores still on it lol

Peter

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 09:14:49 PM »
Good luck with the sale Troy.
SC.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 09:48:13 PM »
You cant go wrong with a AC/DC Pro. Just add a shaker motor and anyone shld be v happy with this pinny for many years.
Heaps of mods avail as well. Code updates are excellent. Good luck with the sale. I bet it doesnt last very long at all.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2013, 10:49:16 AM »
Another pro model up for sale on another forum for $4750. 3 months old and said to be in mint condition.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2013, 03:15:14 PM »
Apparently there's a February run of acdc and that runs already 50% sold before production faaaarrrk me how many have they made? Having made so many must impact on resale value.

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2013, 03:17:05 PM »
Another pro model up for sale on another forum for $4750. 3 months old and said to be in mint condition.

That's a great buy.

Peter

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2013, 05:02:54 PM »
Apparently there's a February run of acdc and that runs already 50% sold before production faaaarrrk me how many have they made? Having made so many must impact on resale value.

Peter

It doesn't bother me. As long as you enjoy the game, who cares about resale .

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2013, 05:05:19 PM »
Great deal right there  ^^^
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2013, 05:11:09 PM »
The vast majority of people who have bought AC/DC Pro's have kept them.

I have heard of one person selling due to funding a trip to the USA with the one he won, another selling to upgrade to a Premium, and another upgrading to buy a mates Black in Black LE that became avail.

Other than that, out of the 150 Pro's sold in Aust, only apx 3 have been put up for sale. Not bad. Resale will still stay IMO high because no one knows how many more Stern are building, and most people have expressed they will keep theirs forever. They will probably stay $4750 and above for low home usage models, maybe a bit less for sited ones in great condition. Time will tell.....
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2013, 06:27:13 PM »
Yep mines going no where to much fun.

Peter

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2013, 07:06:47 PM »
Traditionally,  high selling titles retain a good resale value due to popularity. The LEs will hold their own due to limited numbers of a popular title. Whether you like theme or not, this machine will rock on.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2013, 07:30:28 PM »
Look at what has happened to LOTR and TSPP values. Can't sell them in the 4-5 range at all and these are top ten machines with multiple production runs.

Stern's production philosophy is going to kill the resale. By the time they have finished running them (proper runs or mini runs) the machines (HUO or not) will be almost five years old.

Pros and Premiums aren't going to increase in value until Stern stop running them and distributors run out of existing stock and have customers ask for more. Then you face the possibility that Stern will be pressured into renewing the license "just one more time" (Tron, TSPP etc) from distributors and the cycle repeats.

As for LE values, well I think owners looking for a quick buck will need to hold onto them for quite some time (and preferably NIB). Ideally they should have flipped them off for a quick buck in the first few months after release (if that was your purpose for buying), since now we have a lot of "collectors" who initially bought for that very reason and are willing to sit on their "investment" for a few years and then put it up for sale.

Guess it now becomes a game of Survivor to outlast and outplay the next guy.  :lol

LE Prices (here's an example in the US, 3 NIB BIBLE for sale since Oct last year at 8500 each, they are still for sale....)
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/a97aeea1620e3892/b35f8e6e650a8d65?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=bible#
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 08:00:38 PM by pinsanity »

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 09:42:01 PM »
Yep mines going no where to much fun.

Peter

+ 1

My ACDC pro will never be sold either  $&&
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2013, 10:16:00 PM »
Look at what has happened to LOTR and TSPP values. Can't sell them in the 4-5 range at all and these are top ten machines with multiple production runs.

Stern's production philosophy is going to kill the resale. By the time they have finished running them (proper runs or mini runs) the machines (HUO or not) will be almost five years old.

Pros and Premiums aren't going to increase in value until Stern stop running them and distributors run out of existing stock and have customers ask for more. Then you face the possibility that Stern will be pressured into renewing the license "just one more time" (Tron, TSPP etc) from distributors and the cycle repeats.

As for LE values, well I think owners looking for a quick buck will need to hold onto them for quite some time (and preferably NIB). Ideally they should have flipped them off for a quick buck in the first few months after release (if that was your purpose for buying), since now we have a lot of "collectors" who initially bought for that very reason and are willing to sit on their "investment" for a few years and then put it up for sale.

Guess it now becomes a game of Survivor to outlast and outplay the next guy.  :lol

LE Prices (here's an example in the US, 3 NIB BIBLE for sale since Oct last year at 8500 each, they are still for sale....)
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/a97aeea1620e3892/b35f8e6e650a8d65?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=bible#

Yep no one should expect to make money from buying pinballs, unless they buy rare games and keep them long term NIB, still no guarantees though.  Pinballs were made to be played

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2013, 09:55:16 PM »
Both AC DC pros have now sold, good to see that demand is solid for this title  *%*