Author Topic: Creature From The Black Lagoon - Laseriffic Hologram replacement option  (Read 19380 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
could you imagine them contacting interpol to drag you to the states for copying a hologram lol ahahaha, not going to happen.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
heres a demo
&hd=1&

Interesting link, thanks and I have one of those creature figures as well., let me know if I can help.

I think laseriffic was more worried about universal.

according to the interwebs and that link you can do it with a regular camera, i have seen 3d prints first hand and they are just holo's. if you had a tripod and experimented or had a 3d camera which are available anywhere now. you could recreate that easy i recon. just would need to print a few off till you got it just right and when you find one that is correct you could just keep using that file to print more off the same. would be trial and error. put the file some where for free and f-ck the licencencing police, they have bigger fish to fry they cant stop video piracy they wont have hope with some one handing out free holo files, plus your not selling them so who cares i say, shit ill rent a webhost and host the file for free download if some one created it. id do it but i dont have this machine so i dont have a holo to compare too.
i would think with a black background and the correct angle of the toy and camera, you could get the same 3d effect of the original and then get one of these print shops to print it out for a few dollars
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:16:44 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
could you imagine them contacting interpol to drag you to the states for copying a hologram lol ahahaha, not going to happen.

The whole point is to make it so hard that they have to come out from behind their 'hidyholes' and then actually talk about COMMON SENSE!

These days the lawyers have it too far in their favour so time to turn the tables a bit by brute force - methinks!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:

The whole point is to make it so hard that they have to come out from behind their 'hidyholes' and then actually talk about COMMON SENSE!

These days the lawyers have it too far in their favour so time to turn the tables a bit by brute force - methinks!

since i have entered this hobby and coming from the car hobby prior, having every part imaginable reproduced i was shocked at the bs with copyrights stopping things being done in reproducing parts. it holds back the hobby and it would be fair enough if some one was making this stuff already and selling it to say thats not on to copy it, however many of these things arent being reproduced, and the amount of sales from this stuff isnt going to be making any one rich from doing it. its not like some guy pirating 50000000000000 copy's of a movie and selling them. the worst that will happen is some prick will send you a nasty letter saying stop making it. i have reproduced entire car body's from fibreglass and not once did i have ford or some guy say dont do that i will sue you. its all bs and bluff. as you are china im sure you have seen some crazy things being reproduced some will hurt the industry and some will help the industry that the repro is being made for.
in this case i strongly beleive it wil lhelp this hobby, and the more you ignore these stupid letters from some knob who says he has the rights to reproduce but isnt reporducing the stronger this hobby will get by having parts available. my background is plasics and composites and i have seen plastic ramps that people are paying stupid money for nos on ebay that could be reproduced by any one at home easy. if i didnt have a buisness that takes a tonne of my time up and had more time i would be wacking out a tonne of repro ramps and stuff for the hobby, i might do it it yet who knows.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Well I receved a pretty speedy response from Laserific:

"Rick from Planetary Pinball now owns the license to the Universal Monsters and he said he is going to reproduce the hologram. Joe"

So at least we now know the reasoning behind the descision to stop making them......

I suggest he gets his finger out and actually MAKES them - unlike the previous "letter writing" copyright owner.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 08:02:54 AM by Homepin »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

"Rick from Planetary Pinball now owns the license to the Universal Monsters and he said he is going to reproduce the hologram. Joe"

Be interesting to see if he actually reproduces these given the issues Gene had, although I guess he can use a modern process for similar results?

So Mike, does this mean you aren't going to go ahead?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:

Be interesting to see if he actually reproduces these given the issues Gene had, although I guess he can use a modern process for similar results?

So Mike, does this mean you aren't going to go ahead?

I didn't say that  &&

I will progress things but not having a machine (or an original holo - even a stuffed one) will slow things a little.

I like the idea of a LED illuminated laser etched/engraved one as it won't have the ageing issues of the original and technology has moved on a long way from the days when the original was made. I think we can do better using modern methods.