Author Topic: Bally 1965 Aces High Restoration  (Read 11367 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Bally 1965 Aces High Restoration
« on: October 19, 2010, 10:07:29 PM »

First session on the Aces High.

I removed the playfield glass and had a look under the hood. Not too bad - But the rust was the first thing I noticed. Thankfully, it is mainly on the body parts and not on any mechanisms. Score motor is seized and will have to be stripped and rebuilt. I'm hoping the motor is ok, althouhj I have a boxful of potential replacements if needed. The inside of the cab is filthy. All parts are intact - nothing is missing.

First thing to do is remove all the fuses so I don't get tempted to power it on. I ended up just cutting the power cord off ! The baseboard is complete and all the placards etc are present. Luckily, I have the full set of paperwork for this machine. I did find the original "goody envelope" - and it was full of interesting pieces of history (more on that later). Here's a picture of the complete baseboard;

Here's the playfield glass removed to reveal a clean playfield. Notice the wear above the flippers. Plastics are intact. Overall, it looks to be a simple game, but being a card game, it will have appeal. Very pleased with the condition of the playfield for a machine of this vintage.

I've removed the baseboard from the game. This is where I want to start. I'll initially start on the score motor and get it working. Then the banks of relays. All contacts will have to be cleaned, adjusted (if needed) and rebuilt (if needed). I'm really itching to get started !

Updates may slow down a little as I'm going to be building a new benchtop this weekend !

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia