Aussie Pinball Forums > Restorations

Clear Coating

(1/2) > >>

Retropin:
Walking round Bunnings today, i saw that they now carry an off the shelf clear coat. reading up on the product, it would seem ideal for pinball restoration. I havent tested the product yet, but will do as it seems applicable to almost any application. Bear in mind that when you mix up CC - you always over estimate the amount you will need - especially if using an airbrush, so the volumes sold at Bunnings are ideal.

This product 'MAY" be ideal for sealing those hot stamped drop targets also instead of the cheap looking Mylar.

Product can be viewed here

www.glasscoat.com.au/

Strangeways:

Will you be trialling this product at any stage, Gavin ?

Retropin:
Yes - ill buy the sample pack and put a mix of paints down - acrylic, std enamel etc - also marker pen and see the results. Ill also put some down over some black, let set and drop a pinball from a height on top of it.

Ill do this over and over and see if any "milking"occurs to the finish which would suggest stress

MartyJ:
I don't know how it would go on a PF -

"Glass Coat is best thought of as a pouring medium rather than a painting medium.
Flood the surface to be coated immediately. You should aim to pour all the batches (if you have mixed up several) in the first 5 minutes after mixing.
While Glass Coat can be applied with a brush, the best effect is achieved if it is poured over a level surface.
Use a disposable brush or spreader to touch up sides or to move Glass Coat across the surface.
It is important that the surface be as level as possible so that Glass Coat spreads evenly."

source: http://www.glasscoat.com.au/basics.shtml

Although may work with targets etc and other bits n pieces..

Retropin:
Was going to trial it through an air brush - the thinner/ clean up solvent is also available.

Its completely fume free which is a real bonus!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version