Author Topic: What's the attraction with Facebook?  (Read 3388 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: What's the attraction with Facebook?
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2012, 10:20:03 PM »
for any one wanting to create a buisness fb page. here is the link http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php?ref_type=sitefooter

Yeah - I did that but I am completely at a loss.... ^&^...I can't even "look up" my page....is there some trick to it???
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2012, 10:23:40 PM »
for any one wanting to create a buisness fb page. here is the link http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php?ref_type=sitefooter

Yeah - I did that but I am completely at a loss.... ^&^...I can't even "look up" my page....is there some trick to it???

lol, damn this social media,
 is your page "homepin" ill search for it

you would log into your account, on facebook.com. then on your left hand side of the page you would see your pages, it will have your buisness there
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:26:26 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2012, 03:40:32 AM »
are you on menumate.com.au ?? 

There are hundreds of online directories
I doubt many of them get any traffic

I just tried to use menumate.com.au, cluncky unfreindly website

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2012, 11:39:42 AM »
are you on menumate.com.au ??  

There are hundreds of online directories
I doubt many of them get any traffic

I just tried to use menumate.com.au, cluncky unfreindly website

remember the more websites you have your website address on or phone number the higher your business will appear on google results. its worth putting your biz on as many as possible to get a higher google rate. menu mate sends about genuine 50 visitors to my webpage a week according to my awestats in my webpages cpanel it list exactly who came to my website from what outside source,google, facebook and menu mate are the top sources to send traffic to my page, if people are searching down my webpage thats good news, the top search to send to my webpage in meta, is the search for "food at landsborough" according to my awstats, menu mate is a popular directory and at the highest on google, so it appears high also menumate is not something you have to update after you edit it, but you want to make sure it has the correct info for your business. once you see increase in real traffic to your website and facebook, you will see real increase of traffic to your shop. good idea is to google your buisness and see what is the first listing to apear with your contact details, then you try the next thing of googling pie shop in your area and see which apears, hopefully yours is one of the top, if not you can increase the possition by more links on external pages. i hope all this helps mate, reason im offering this help as i know how it was before i worked al lthis out, it is confusing
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:53:22 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2012, 04:40:21 PM »
Homepin was taken so I am

facebook.com/HomepinPinball

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2012, 05:05:55 PM »
Homepin was taken so I am

facebook.com/HomepinPinball
ok well make sure you edit the page and add your details. and maybe do like popbumper is doing and add some building board pics or something. then put a we are on on facebook tag on your webpage to advertise it. i dont think it will take long for many members here or customers to like your page. i got sent a free $50 ad voucher from facebook, im about to launch $50 worth of direct targeting adds wont spend a dollar more than the free voucher, lol but ill report back if if i get an increase of nativity from these Facebook adds, all the adds do is save me a bit of marketing pretty much it will appear on every one in my local areas fb page and those who have similar interests eg they are food people, or like hamburgers, things like that in our area, it says that fits the de******ion of 35000 people,the add will appear on these people page untill its been clicked to many times and i run out of my budget of $50 worth of clicks, so its pay per click.i thought ill take advantage of a free trial and see. i did some marketing of our page early on to get people to the page like posting on our aframe sign and that sort of thing, ill see if this facebook advertising actually increases or not and report for those interested, from time to time facebook seems to send you these sort of trial add vouchers i have previously ignored them but with al lthis talk here i thought i would give it ago and take advantage of it and see if it increases traffic, it also let me target the add to people who have just moved to our area, that might be handy advertising??? not sure will find out i guess
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:19:59 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2012, 08:54:29 AM »
I used a fake name with a disposable email address to sign up a while back to see what all the fuss was about.

Browsed through some profiles of people I haven't seen in years and have no real interest in anymore.

Found that 99.9% of the profiles were filled with pretentious, inane crap. Yes, we get that you like watching The Simpsons, listening to the Foo Fighters on your I try hard Pod, thumbing through the ghostwritten biography of an overpaid sportsperson, and you can prove your children are far more gifted than anyone else's children by posting an endless stream of photos of them engaging in awkward poses in completely contrived scenarios.

In other words, you are the same as every other Facebook user.

Logged out, never signed back on and got on with life.

Offline elkor-alish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2012, 01:33:35 PM »
I should have done a poll.
I'd love to know the Love/Hate ratio.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:13:50 AM by elkor-alish »
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2012, 02:05:20 PM »
I should have done a pole.
I'd love to know the Love/Hate ratio.

Hey!! "I'M" a pole (Kalinowski) - I don't want you 'doing' me..... %.%

I think you might mean 'poll'…......

Offline elkor-alish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2012, 01:17:09 AM »
Yes I did mean "Poll".

I know how much incorrect spelling annoys you, so I just did it to sh!t you off.  %.% #*#
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2012, 01:25:15 AM »
that said homepin has some interesting pics on his facebook page,

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2012, 09:34:07 AM »
Yes I did mean "Poll".

I know how much incorrect spelling annoys you, so I just did it to sh!t you off.  %.% #*#

You ass........ !*!

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2012, 09:35:30 AM »
that said homepin has some interesting pics on his facebook page,

I intend to complete that series showing construction of a board from start to finish as there are probably a few interesting points that some are not aware of - that will take a few more days however...

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2012, 11:52:23 AM »
Title is...

WHAT'S THE ATTRACTION OF FACEBOOK?

Ive just logged in and one friend in UK is telling me there is blossom on the trees... another is watching SAW V... anothers dog shit on the floor overnight.....

:tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble:

God help us all...

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2012, 11:09:38 PM »
Title is...

WHAT'S THE ATTRACTION OF FACEBOOK?

Ive just logged in and one friend in UK is telling me there is blossom on the trees... another is watching SAW V... anothers dog shit on the floor overnight.....

:tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble:

God help us all...

lol you should join homepins page, he has interesting things, theres an attraction to facebook am i correct?? lol