Author Topic: Air brushing playfield touch ups  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Sinbad79

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Air brushing playfield touch ups
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 10:50:16 PM »
I always do touch up CC's with my airbrush.. you only want to protect it till you do a full CC.. or you can leave as just a partial CC.. choice is yours.
Be warned though.. you are using soft enamels and ANY CC that isn't oil based will eat them before your very eyes... it can only be done with conventional CC if done extremely carefully - even then, its a gamble and trust me, watching your hard work turn to melted cheese status is heartbreaking.
Only 1 CC can be used over enamel, acrylic or lacquer and that's  KBS Diamond coat.
Different paints are good for different things.. acrylic lacquer is good for colour fill etc... black acrylic is good for inserts if using a stencil... Humbrol enamels are good for any hand brush line work you need to do.. these do flow beautifully from the brush.. that's how I do a PF restore.. with typically 3 types of paint.. KBS dries rock hard... harder than a 2 pac and will not eat any of the paint..

Good luck..

Gav

Gav, reading up on this product, its not clear if its a 1 part or 2pack clear. Given the curing times im assuming its not a 2pack clear??