Author Topic: IJ mini playfield F*cked HELP  (Read 845 times)

Offline mickthepin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
IJ mini playfield F*cked HELP
« on: March 25, 2013, 05:32:22 PM »
The mini playfield works fine in the test but during play does not. I have cleaned the optos and am going crazy trying to fix this. it use to have trouble tilting to the right but now it is much worse. It will struggle to move at all or it will only move to the left. On the advice of some yank on another site I moved the diodes on the rollovers to make sure they are not touching anything and now when it struggles to go to the right on path of adventure it restarts the machine.  ^&^ at my wits end here.
This is the link to the conversation that has lead me to a worse situation. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-mini-playfield-optos-help

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: IJ mini playfield F*cked HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 05:47:40 PM »
Hi Mate,

Andrew(Beaky) has fixed a few of these Indy Jones mini playfields. In actual fact, he studied that one (yours now) when he was diagnosing a similar problem another one had.
If it was working fine to start with, it shld only be an adjustment. I will send u his email details etc. Maybe I could get him to call you.

In the meantime, if anyone else has an answer they will jump in.
Reverse what the bloke told u to do from the other site. Because it was working fine the way it was originally, put it back that way first IMO.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline mickthepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 05:57:01 PM »
Na sorry Brett It has been busted since I got it back from a swap this weekend. Moving the diodes just made it a bit worse. If ya could send that stuff that would be a great help tho. Thanks Mate ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 06:10:42 PM »
Details all sent via PM. Since u bought the machine from me, I have reccommended the best QLD tech.
I have already phoned Andy for you. He is keyed up on the issue and awaiting your contact. 
Bloody quick service on here at AP. We shld be in the Formulae One tyre changing pit crew.lol   ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline indazone gav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 06:14:14 PM »
Have you also cleaned the flipper opto's

Offline mickthepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 06:34:57 PM »
I am sure it has nowt to do with the flippers I would say I just have to get that diode back in the right position. The real problem is the right to left motion of the Mini pf after I sort the diode

Offline mickthepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 06:38:04 PM »
you can see the original prob here
utoplay=1&rel=0
Thats it working fine in test

These two are it f**king up in game play
utoplay=1&rel=0
utoplay=1&rel=0

Offline mickthepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 06:39:10 PM »
The shutting down is just a result of moving that diode....I hope..na sure it is

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 07:15:35 PM »
hi mick
I would be swapping the flipper opto boards around and see if the problem swaps over also,
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline mickthepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 07:48:36 PM »
The whole shutting down problem only happened after I stated moving diodes. this is the first time I have ever had a shut down prob and the confusing thing is now the mini pf doesn't even have to move for the right flipper to shut it down. so it cant be the diode hitting on any metal. here is the vid
&feature=youtu.be

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 10:17:08 PM »
The whole shutting down problem only happened after I stated moving diodes. this is the first time I have ever had a shut down prob and the confusing thing is now the mini pf doesn't even have to move for the right flipper to shut it down. so it cant be the diode hitting on any metal. here is the vid
&feature=youtu.be

Best way to find out is to unplug the mini playfield from the loom and then hit the right flipper button to see it you still get the shutdown.

As for the slow movement to the right of the mini pf, as said earlier it looks like an opto problem on the flippers. Reseat the RHS connector on the flipper opto first and if no change, swap the boards as said above to see if the problem transfers to the LHS.

Offline mickthepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 10:47:34 PM »
thanks guys will try some of this out when I get some time and report back  ^^^ ^^^

Offline mickthepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 04:12:46 PM »
Its the little flipper board on the right. The boards for the flippers on my fishtales look slightly different but would one work in an IJ just to confirm that its the flipper board?? 

Offline mickthepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 04:18:50 PM »
The flipper opto board

Offline rads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 04:21:43 PM »
I think they mean the boards that the flipper buttons work directly on at the side of the cabinet.  Swap the one at the left flipper with the right flipper.