Author Topic: ALL STAR WARS FANS/OWNERS  (Read 394 times)

Offline Jango

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: ALL STAR WARS FANS/OWNERS
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 11:19:46 PM »
I bought it yesterday on the back of this thread.  $98 from Big W

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 01:57:23 AM »
Glad u scored a set Jango. Well worth the re-watch again in Blu Ray.  ^^^ ^^^ New scenes are nice n cool too.

I was at JB Hi-Fi again today and people were lined up buying the Box Sets like hot cakes. Even the security guard grabbed a set for himself as they were running out of the 100 plus sets they sold in one day.

Lucas Films has already made 4.2 billion already. Think the man is rich enough yet ?  *.* *.*  He will keep going to he hits 6 billion.$$$
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline weed of crime

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 09:23:41 AM »
My misses is in nashville for a conference. Picked it up for 89 us. Bargain. Now I just need get me a decent, but inexpensive sound system. Harvey norman have an lg with wireless speakers for about 500. Interest free for 21 months. May have to get!
Quit talking n start chalkin

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 12:31:16 PM »
My misses is in nashville for a conference. Picked it up for 89 us. Bargain. Now I just need get me a decent, but inexpensive sound system. Harvey norman have an lg with wireless speakers for about 500. Interest free for 21 months. May have to get!

The LG model to get for $508 is the HB806TGW model.  The system comes with the best LG Blu Ray player and the nicest Surround Sound system u could ever want. It has a USB socket to plug in a I.Phone for music etc, so the other LG model for the extra $200 is a waste of money.
The HB806TGW $508 model has the rear wireless speakers connected to the wi-fi dock etc. Given it comes with a very nice LG Player, and u get the 7 speaker system with sub woofer, bass unit etc etc etc. I found it a bargain so I bought one for the lounge and one for the bedroom. The sound is lound n crystal clear and will blow u away. I am extremely impressed. It is the actual latest model that LG has and I feel better than the model supposedly above which is really the super seated model costing 2 hundred more. Go the HB806TGW model. U will be impressed.

LG is in a pricing war at the moment with Panasonic I am told so us consumers are the winners.  ^^^

Hope it helps. Hope u enjoy it
p.s - It will cost a further $70 total to get the top quality HDMI cable and the Optical cable u will need.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:35:17 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline weed of crime

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 07:57:49 PM »
Sold! Picked one up for 500 from good guys. Now...hope those blu-rays are region free
Quit talking n start chalkin

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 09:54:08 AM »
Got mine on the week-end.
I went straight to ep4( seeing as this is the oldest film of the saga) to gauge the quality from start to finnish. I have breezed through some other scenes in other eps as well as some of the extras.
WoW, it was like watching it for the first time all over again. It really felt like a new film even though I had seen it god knows how many times.
In 1080 HD this is outstanding.
There colour and sound in there that isn't new at all but in this transfer and remix is a fantastic flow between subtle and in your face.
Well done George and crew, I think I now have the only versions I will ever need. I have little desire to see star wars in 3d.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"