Author Topic: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015  (Read 28593 times)

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2014, 09:17:01 AM »
And the Hitler video funny stuff.

http://youtu.be/xc5nLYI3v4Y

Very well done and says it all really doesn't it?
Could have been a screamer of a game given the title... turned out to be woefully short of that

Yeah unfortunately it has fell well short- I heard of two people that have cancelled there LE orders. I'm glad I went with Star Trek LE and didn't wait for the walking dead.

Same here, Star Trek LE is a beautiful machine and has smooth fast flow. In the video even the ST Pro looks and sounds light years ahead of TWD. Having said that, it would be fair to play TWD in person as videos can be very misleading as you can no get the feel of the machine. Avengers is an example of poor sales and baggings but adjusted properly, a great machine for a casual bash.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2014, 04:27:20 AM »
 Agree, u can't make a negative call on any new machine til u play it.... Some people will bash stern no matter what they make cause they never have been or ever will be in the brand new DMD market ever.....
It does get old quickly when people condemn something without playing it...
Yes STar trek is a beautiful pinny in both pro and LE, but I think The Walking Dead will appeal to some on theme alone.
If every machine in your collection played the same it would get very boring real quick.
The fact some are fast and wild and some are slower n more difficult makes for a varied collection to keep u interested.
Of the 40 something DMD machines I have spent my hard eart dollars on, it's the varied looks, art, audio , theme and gameplay that makes them worth keeping.
I don't have a zombie pin for example, so no matter how the new Stern plays, it will be a great acquisition.
Being so different makes it attractive to ME. The great thing about Brand new Sterns is that you have three or four models per year to chose from. If u don't like this years models , there is always next year !
All pinball machines are fun. Never played one which wasn't.
Perhaps some people will change their mind when they play the model ?
Either way, I will still buy on theme alone. I would never cancel my order cause someone else has.
Probably make some more excited thinking they now won't miss out.....
I am a blatant Stern fan.... Just can't help it. Just like Borgy and Ritchie too much to walk away. Lol
Anyway. When I get mine, anyone is welcome to call past n try mine out. Worse case scenario is I fill u full of beer and jim beam and a few Gold Coast naughty girls. By the time u leave, u won't even remember the game. Lol
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 04:29:44 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2014, 07:37:17 AM »
here is a review by a kid that is a Walking Dead fan, I wish pinballs cost what he thinks they are worth  %.% at 45 seconds. Nice panning shot of the playfield thought.
utoplay=1&rel=0
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2014, 11:55:47 PM »
Had two friends in the USA and 1 mate in Aust place orders for The Walking Dead.
Good news whenever anybody adds a BNIB to the collection. One friend has ordered the LE and the others the Pro.
Watched the dot matrix video again and gee it looks good. So many ways to kill zombies, very cool.
Does anyone know someone who is buying a TWD machine or anyone on here seriously considering it ?

My brand new TWDead translite should be here any day from the USA. Will take some good close ups the moment it arrives for you guys. The detail should be stunning. Reds n blacks n whites n greys to name a few. Hoping it is better in person which is usually the way. Should have some brand new TWDead pinball flyers with it as well. I ordered some and got a yes, no probs from stateside. Stay tuned.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline elkor-alish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2014, 05:42:04 PM »
Yeah, I've put my deposit down for an LE.
I actually like the look of the pro cabinet better though.
Love the comics and the show, so had to be done.  :)
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2014, 06:30:02 PM »
Congratulations. Well done. Don't forget the photos down the track.

I received my Walking Dead pinball flyer in the mail today. Awesome.
Any day now the translite will be arriving from the USA.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #126 on: October 01, 2014, 12:14:06 AM »
This might sound fun n strange at the same time to any of you who are dads and have kids.
My 5 year old son loves watching The Walking Dead with me and although I was against him seeing zombies etc, his mum had watched it with him a lot before I knew and he wasn't scared of the zombies but more excited to see the crew on the movie running them over etc.
So like his mum, and totally unlike me, he likes scary stuff and doesn't get scared during the night when he goes to bed etc. I don't mind shows like The Walking Dead but I hate all other really scary suspense movies, they really freak me out and I do wake up with nightmares etc.

Anyway, I was getting to the fact that my son asks me where the zombies are at night times. He asks how come we never see any around our house at night or when we are driving at night. Even though I told him its only a TV show, he says that's boring and he still wants to find some and run them over for fun. So I told him I know a special place where they hang around. I told him they only ever wait at shopping centres of a night time. (Waiting for women who spend up big on their husbands credit cards I should have thrown in for the fun of it.lol)
I chose the shopping centre for a few good reasons.
Firstly, all quiet at night and no one around. I can drive around the shopping centre a bit crazy and not break any road rules. And here comes the convenient and well placed speed humps galore.....  I drive over a speed bump and tell Hunter that I just ran over a zombie. He gets excited and laughs and has a jolly good old time thinking we just have run over zombies. Its a simple trick but we have lots of fun doing it. Lol

After about ten speed humps (now flattened zombies) we head home with Hunter declaring the suburb is safe until our next mission. We stopped on the side of the road and there was a garbage bin all messed up and spread all over the place. Hunter declared that the zombies were hungry and had done it. We were just about to drive off and Hunter started calling out Zombie Zombie. There's a zombie in the bush.
I got out the torch and to my surprise there was a kangaroo staring at us from apx 10 metres away. It scared the hell out of me cause its eyes lit up bright in the torch. For a few seconds I almost forgot zombies weren't real.
Anyway, I told my son were buying a new zombie pinball. He was very happy, then went sad. I said what's wrong, he said "we are still going to drive around and kill zombies aren't we daddy"....
I said yes ofcourse. So I am wondering who is going to enjoy Sterns new pinny more, me or my five year old son..... L

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2014, 03:35:15 AM »
Mirror blades with a red tinge on them would be a good addition.
Even stickers as big as and shaped like mirror blades with excellent matching zombie artwork on them would be a cool addition.
Someone with talents on Photoshop or some other art program might be able to sell some sets as a mod and might make some $$ doing these.
Any thoughts, anyone thinking of designing these side wall artwork ???

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2014, 08:55:22 AM »
Mirror blades with a red tinge on them would be a good addition.
Even stickers as big as and shaped like mirror blades with excellent matching zombie artwork on them would be a cool addition.
Someone with talents on Photoshop or some other art program might be able to sell some sets as a mod and might make some $$ doing these.
Any thoughts, anyone thinking of designing these side wall artwork ???

head to Facebook and look up Pinball Mods - side graphics already in first draft and the same guy did a tron set of mirror blades with graphics.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2014, 09:18:04 AM »
Looks like this one will not be as big as Stern were expecting...... *)*

TBL reveal has pushed pinball to the next level and Stern will feel the brunt of this.

Buyers dropping LE pre orders after seeing the game is a bad sign and pros drastically over-priced here that a 2k hit on opening the box is standard. Stern games are falling behind big time, no one wants to wait 18 months or more for code to be complete anymore and hope that they like it.
No one wants to pay top dollar for half baked titles with shite toys that do nothing from stern anymore.

The game is changing.

DP, JJP...even homepin if it gets his shit together will bury this joke of a company.

Hahaha.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2014, 09:59:45 AM »
There seems to be a shift of buyers commitment to the machine in the last two weeks. Not sure exactly why (code or lack of character voices ?). some cancelled orders - which may happen with any title or manufacturer (just ask JJP).

The idea of "try before you buy" needs to be seriously addressed by Stern / AMD. There's not one Mustang in Melbourne and obviously not one TWD yet. I think that Stern need to address this IMMEDIATELY and release games with completed code. I know it is a "dead horse" - but TWD SHOULD be a hit.

I find it almost amusing that the only way you can buy a Stern is to buy pre order. I'd like to know the sales figures with pre orders VS games sold "off the floor". There's NO "floor" in Melbourne. I can't send "car nuts" to try a Mustang, so they buy a Corvette pinball instead. Stern / AMD need to sort out their sales model.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2014, 10:14:33 AM »
There seems to be a shift of buyers commitment to the machine in the last two weeks. Not sure exactly why (code or lack of character voices ?). some cancelled orders - which may happen with any title or manufacturer (just ask JJP).

The idea of "try before you buy" needs to be seriously addressed by Stern / AMD. There's not one Mustang in Melbourne and obviously not one TWD yet. I think that Stern need to address this IMMEDIATELY and release games with completed code. I know it is a "dead horse" - but TWD SHOULD be a hit.

I find it almost amusing that the only way you can buy a Stern is to buy pre order. I'd like to know the sales figures with pre orders VS games sold "off the floor". There's NO "floor" in Melbourne. I can't send "car nuts" to try a Mustang, so they buy a Corvette pinball instead. Stern / AMD need to sort out their sales model.

You have the showroom, become a distributor and show them how it is done

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2014, 10:32:20 AM »
A Dutch Pinball distributor!

^^^
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2014, 10:46:33 AM »
Build up hype, Buy before you try, watch the first vids if you don't like what you see, get your funds back, Whole scenario is risky,
speculating that's probably why melb dist has no floor stock  &^&

Offline Toads

• Forum Posts:
  • Shepparton Vic
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2014, 11:19:01 AM »

Mustang and IMVE at high point bowling centre...