Author Topic: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015  (Read 28676 times)

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015
« Reply #240 on: October 16, 2014, 03:22:31 PM »
Looks like Stern might finally be looking to get a slice of the after market mod cake if this is a sign of things to come, makes sense.  Im sure lots of people would like "official" bling on their games if its available.

I have always thought that they should simply do a base model and then you just spec it up with whatever add ons you want.  Even if you aren't the original owner you could still bling it out at a later date if you chose.  From Stern's perspective they can then still get some cash-flow from a title well after it's released and they have moved onto subsequent games.

Although for the prices of each of those items, you start to wonder what is the point of the LE, particularly if you then have to pay extra for this sort of stuff.  It should probably be standard on the LE.

Maybe they will change their model a bit going forward, depending on how this works out.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #241 on: October 16, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »
I like the Tales from the Crypt (TFTC) shooter style handle on my TFTC machine as well, but they are usually broken at some stage and have to be fixed. Mine wasn't 100 percent when I bought mine so I had to buy the parts n fix it.
Stern has probably stuck with the simple shooter add on to keep maintainence low for sited machines.

I think their will be a lot of aftermarket mods for this TWDead machine. Hope so.
I like the Pro, Premium or LE model. It works because all 3 models sell really well.
Just like the car industry, people love choice and don't mind paying for it.
I still say the Pro is always the best bang for ya buck these days. But I do have friends who only buy the LE, so each to their own I guess. Most Stern owners are hanging on to their games as long term keepers. You only ever see a small percentage for public sale. It's going to be interesting to see what Stern brings out next. Anything after a zombie title might look boring. Lol
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:34:12 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #242 on: October 16, 2014, 05:06:11 PM »
Ridiculously high prices.

Topper looks good but at $399 usd + shipping to Aus......no thanks!

$499 usd  + shipping to aus for side armour trim...... $$(
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 05:23:22 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #243 on: October 16, 2014, 05:43:53 PM »
Spoke to Michael at AMD just five minutes ago.
Aussie pricing for Stern TWD parts not set in concrete yet at all.
AMD waiting on official pricing from Stern.
The USA figures quoted are only Recco Retail a Pricing at this stage.
Parts may not be avail for another month or two. AMD will update its website when prices are firm. Otherwise shoot AMD a email and ask to be put on a email list when the factory mod prices are known.

The first batch of TWD pinballs are almost sold out with another shipment arriving towards December/January.
The first shipment of pinball machines arrives later this month-ish.

Interestingly, sales numbers for TWD in Australia are expected to be around or higher than X Men with over 150 units sold I am told. I think TWD will do more probably if X Men did over 150.
I thought the topper price was fine, same with the shooter knob and sideart. Not sure what u get with the side armour.
Well done AMD. As usual, excellent customer service by the guys at AMD.

P.S - the Walking Dead translite I have is absolutely unreal. So if anyone is inclined to buy one for their games room or bar, u would be happy. AMD should be able to get them if u wanted to order one etc.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 05:49:32 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #244 on: October 16, 2014, 05:47:17 PM »
So these mods will be even more expensive by the time amd take a cut.

@.@

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #245 on: October 16, 2014, 05:53:49 PM »
So these mods will be even more expensive by the time amd take a cut.

@.@

WRONG.

You are assuming the pricing when it hasn't been even set yet.
For all you know, it may be a lot cheaper. AMD have never charged me USA shipping costs for parts cause they usually come inside the brand new pinball machines. How did I know u would say something completely negative, yet again. Sssshhhh.
Wait for official AMD pricing. If Stern has listed RRP which is not set in concrete, one would assume using logic that AMD will get a much better wholesale pricing. AMD always looks after its customers.
That is a fact !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #246 on: October 16, 2014, 06:25:57 PM »
Yeah I am sure they will be cheaper.

::)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #247 on: October 16, 2014, 06:52:31 PM »
they look cool but the topper and side armour is dam expensive, and reckon AMD's prices will be approx this or a little more

this was the details listed on the facebook

Stern Pinball Releases Custom Accessories For The Walking Dead Pinball Machine

World’s Leading Maker of Arcade-Quality Pinball Machines Launches Custom Accessories Line of Products

MELROSE PARK, IL – October 15, 2014 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world's oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball machines, announced today the availability of four licensed and custom-developed pinball accessories for its latest release, AMC’s The Walking Dead.
In response to market demand, Stern is now offering unique, game-specific accessories that further enhance the appeal of its pinball machines and enable pinball fans to customize their games to suit their personal tastes.
The Walking Dead accessories include:
● A fish tank topper full of three fully detailed zombie heads designed and sculpted by Greg Nicotero, Executive Producer of The Walking Dead. The topper is accompanied by game-integrated lighting that attracts players and adds zombie ambiance to any room
● An authentic zombie head shooter knob that adds tactile art to a player’s first interaction with the game
● Custom-designed, artistic inside-panels that add dimension to the pinball playfield area
● Blood splattered side-armor that further enhances The Walking Dead pinball experience
“We didn’t think The Walking Dead machine could get any better but now we have four custom-developed accessories that take your zombie apocalypse experience to a whole new level,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball. “We are thrilled to offer these new, exclusive Stern accessories to our fans and are excited about all of the great future accessory products that are in our pipeline.”
Retail Pricing and Availability:

The Walking Dead Pinball Backbox Topper: $399.99

The Walking Dead Pinball Zombie Shooter Knob: $79.99

The Walking Dead Pinball Playfield Side Art Panels: $79.99

The Walking Dead Pinball Side Armor Trim: $499.99
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:54:58 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #248 on: October 16, 2014, 06:58:28 PM »
Customer service there is good I won't argue there but the prices suck.
$300 for a set of IM plastics when I only needed one was overly expensive.
Replacement mongers 2 and 3 that were not covered by warranty were not cheap either.
I think they could do better and why is there no interest free offer with amd only some crappy finance option.
Makes no sense.

!^!

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #249 on: October 16, 2014, 07:41:47 PM »
RRP is the price a manufacturer suggests the part should retail for... if its not set in concrete then why post an assuming figure?.. Can only assume that Stern are trying to gauge backlash or approval.. either way, any final price wont be far off those already mentioned.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #250 on: October 16, 2014, 07:58:20 PM »
If I buy any mods in the future I will continue to support the hobbyists who have been pumping out great product for a quite a while now.
 ^^^

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #251 on: October 16, 2014, 08:02:29 PM »
RRP is the price a manufacturer suggests the part should retail for... if its not set in concrete then why post an assuming figure?.. Can only assume that Stern are trying to gauge backlash or approval.. either way, any final price wont be far off those already mentioned.

agree, especially when AMD have to cover the postage and stocking fee and there cut, just like their pinball prices, where there is no competition in Aus they are not cheap compared to the competition between the US distributors.

Yes before anyone says it Stern pins are dearer here because of the freight etc but NIB in the states can be $1500 - $2000 less than here, so AMD charge extra here for a pin I believe because they can. Dealers in the US are still making money, and any freight for a container of pins isn't that much for AMD so they are doing well from the Aussie market.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:12:16 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #252 on: October 16, 2014, 08:52:15 PM »
Stern RRP for ACDC PRO is US$5699 which at current exchange rate is AU$6524

AMD price is $7100 bought when $$ exchange was higher.

Pretty safe to assume that nothing will be cheaper id say

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #253 on: October 16, 2014, 09:06:53 PM »
Some people wear negative glasses and always assume the worst.
Some people wear positive glasses and assume the best.

I would hate to go thru life being negative about everything, yuk !

Regarding Recco retail pricing, its a guide only.
Toyota listed a RRP of $31,990 for a Camry that they sell right now for $26,990.

Either way, if u like the Walking Dead pinball, buy it. If u don't like it, don't buy it. Same goes for the factory mods, if u like them and can afford them, you will buy them. If u can't afford them, then you won't buy them. Like that Meerkat advertisement on television, SIMPLES ! Lol

I note, all the toppers being SOLD by other companies are all $299 to $399 plus for a piece of plastic with a few LEDs. I thought the Stern topper was affordable. But that's just me.
Either way, I am sure the 150 people buying TWD pinball will be happy either way, factory mods or not.
I am not a gambling man, but I would bet that the guys at AMD will do some great deals.
If your not buying, then it won't matter then will it.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #254 on: October 16, 2014, 09:10:40 PM »
 :lol

I love that standard and way off the mark negative jibe retort thing. Always gives me a chuckle.