Author Topic: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015  (Read 28647 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015
« Reply #495 on: February 07, 2015, 01:08:55 AM »
That actually looks very impressive and a quality piece. Top work Stern.  ^^^

It actually looks better not going the full width of the backbox. Similar to a Dalek on Dr Who.

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #496 on: February 07, 2015, 08:22:01 AM »
That looks great !

Offline skywalker

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #497 on: February 07, 2015, 09:16:36 AM »
Well done Pete, does look good & still considering one  ()

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #498 on: February 07, 2015, 02:12:17 PM »
I think there is hope for you yet doing a radio voice over show with the great voice !

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Stern's Next Pin - TWD 2014 / 2015
« Reply #499 on: February 08, 2015, 06:19:35 PM »
I fitted my first stern shaker today to my walking dead and it works great lol now every time I work on something I end up with parts left over haha and it's happened again :) see pic what is it???

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #500 on: February 08, 2015, 08:09:00 PM »
Topper looks great Peter, as far as parts left over, remind me never to get you to look at any problems with my car.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #501 on: February 08, 2015, 10:26:15 PM »
Looks great Peter, thanks for the video.  ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #502 on: February 11, 2015, 07:58:26 AM »
Aussie dollar at .76 cents.

What a fall from a high of $1.19 USA to a lousy .76 cents USA.

Dam shame that brand new Sterns have risen in price.

I bought new Stern machines for low to mid 6 grand plus shaker and delivery and now realise what a bargain they were at that price. Now it's $1500 dearer but what can you do. Not much cause of dumb economics.
I don't see why a great country like Australia with all of our wealth and resources and modern technology isn't always trading higher on a permanent basis compared to theUSA and Britain.
They have shitty economies with massive debts and their money trades higher than ours. It don't make sense.

Maybe Stern prices can be lowered to attract more sales if Stern USA gets low numbers out of us with the next few titles ? Hope the Walking Dead Pinny stays on the production line a lot longer so more Aussies get a chance to save and buy them.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #503 on: February 11, 2015, 08:01:55 AM »
I fitted my first stern shaker today to my walking dead and it works great lol now every time I work on something I end up with parts left over haha and it's happened again :) see pic what is it???

Was that part really left over ?

Could be important from a safety point of view ? Does anyone know what it is ? Have you asked Stern or AMD Pete ?

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #504 on: February 11, 2015, 09:04:19 AM »
^^^yeah I spoke to Michael Brett and he was saying the shaker kit also fits older sterns and that part is for older model no need for me to use it so I chucked it out all good  ^^^

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #505 on: February 11, 2015, 09:08:41 PM »
It did look like a double adapter kind of thing
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #506 on: February 18, 2015, 09:56:46 AM »
Guys as a new member I have read many posts & enjoyed reading a bit of debate & seeing honest opinions shared. I should just stay out of it but I have to say the squabble over Stern a few pages back saddened me. I too share another member's view that defending a public company from even the slightest negative comment is bizarre. Stern may have the greatest pinballs in the world - but for many, including me, they won't be the 1990s Bally you played in the student union at Uni. They can't be & will never be. Doesn't mean for others they aren't a great buy, nice & new, exciting & great fun. TWD looks super cool & I hope the lucky new owners are enjoying them immensely - & thanks heaps for sharing.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #507 on: February 18, 2015, 02:14:27 PM »
Guys as a new member I have read many posts & enjoyed reading a bit of debate & seeing honest opinions shared. I should just stay out of it but I have to say the squabble over Stern a few pages back saddened me. I too share another member's view that defending a public company from even the slightest negative comment is bizarre. Stern may have the greatest pinballs in the world - but for many, including me, they won't be the 1990s Bally you played in the student union at Uni. They can't be & will never be. Doesn't mean for others they aren't a great buy, nice & new, exciting & great fun. TWD looks super cool & I hope the lucky new owners are enjoying them immensely - & thanks heaps for sharing.

Maybe start another thread :)

Just added the pinside code and now the game has the actors voices/call outs great addition to a great game :)

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #508 on: February 18, 2015, 03:03:06 PM »
Yeah - I should've just kept quiet - can someone please pull the thread back towards how super good TWD is! How about someone sharing some new TWD at home pics?
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #509 on: February 18, 2015, 04:58:20 PM »
Yeah - I should've just kept quiet - can someone please pull the thread back towards how super good TWD is! How about someone sharing some new TWD at home pics?

Diversity of opinion is what makes a forum live up to its namesake.

Forum: a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

If a thread meanders slightly away from the same gratuitous promotion for even 1 page out of 34 what does it matter? We all know it won't be long before the usual Stern social engineers artifically diverts it back to the same old course.

Have you seen Stern's facebook page? Now there is social manipulation mastery!