Author Topic: Project F-14  (Read 9365 times)

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
Re: Project F-14
« on: October 29, 2011, 10:21:54 PM »
I'm 335 x 85. which is what the existing one was.
Perhaps you can get the metal mounts from someone with an 85mm spread and then bolt them onto the speaker panel,
comparing to mine it looks like the metal mounts holes are the same on the speaker board if that makes sense.
Thanks 48 I will fab something up for that I think..

I remember this game on its route days. Fun to play and a great theme / artwork.
Strangeways yep I played this one a lot too, and was fully sucked in by the sound and lightshow during gameplay and Fast as hell,imagine it clearcoated *%*

Nice one pete rip straight into it. ^^^
Hey Daniel yeah no mucking around I want to be playing by christmas! have you got any of the arrow inserts in your roof playfield at all?,
Ive got some cracked ones I think..

In relation to the artwork on the inserts, they are in fact screened on as part of the original artwork.  Now that the mylar has been removed and the screen work has come off it, I would say the inserts will need to be removed (if they had to be leveled anyway), wet sanded as 48 has suggested then re-glued.  Now I do believe Jeff from Classic Arcades has the insert decals for these (not sure if the proto playfield is different).  I found sometimes the inserts are off slightly and not always 100%.  If you are planning to 2k clear the playfield, I would strongly recommend to buy the NON LAMINATED ones.

Hi Martyj thanks for the tips yep ordered the non laminated ones I hope (I didnt specify but I think you have to ask Jeff and pay more money for laminated)
Prot looks the same to me on top but under doesnt use the later Pcbs for lamps their all induvidual holders..

Hi TUF

It will be good to watch your resto. When I did the centre insert for 48, he got 2 and was going to pick the best to suit the recessed section in his playfield and I still have one. I am sure between 48 and myself we can help you out with a custom centre insert if needing one. They are thicker and shouldn't sag or crack.

Hi Swinks thanks for the offer,

I think the centre one on mines ok but wont really know till I remove it and try to relevel it with wetndry,

mate you did a fantastic job on that for 48 looked awsome..

howd u go u recon making the arrow shaped ones  %.%

Couple more pics..

Thanks all Peter 
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....